Scarabmike

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I dont have an amplified system in my Jeep. I purchased the SSV Works adaptors and some JL audio speakers for my sound bar. I was going to replace everything and add an amplifier to the system, but want to get the sound bar done now.

Will the head unit shut the channels off if I do? The new speakers are 4 ohm.
Sponsored

Martial Fartist

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Interested in this, typically a speaker with less resistance will cause the head unit to push more power not sure if it will cause a problem since it’s not drawing power from the amp. Being systems are so smart now, I don’t know if the imbalance will be a problem. In the old days, you just blew your amp or speaker. Ohms always confuse me so I try to match if I can.

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
Interested in this, typically a speaker with less resistance will cause the head unit to push more power not sure if it will cause a problem since it’s not drawing power from the amp. Being systems are so smart now, I don’t know if the imbalance will be a problem. In the old days, you just blew your amp or speaker. Ohms always confuse me so I try to match if I can.
i measured the ohms of the speakers i took out of the sound bar.
the tweeter set was 3.8 ohms
the mid/bass set was 2.2 ohms.

i installed 4 ohm 6x9's (one on each side) and they work great. leave the tweeter leads disconnected, only use the mid/bass main connector on each side if using only 1 single/full range speaker on each side. do not tie the two channels together, you will experience major issues.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
I dont have an amplified system in my Jeep. I purchased the SSV Works adaptors and some JL audio speakers for my sound bar. I was going to replace everything and add an amplifier to the system, but want to get the sound bar done now.

Will the head unit shut the channels off if I do? The new speakers are 4 ohm.
I used the SSV Works adaptors to install Infinity Kappa 62ix speakers in the sound bar of both my JT and my JL, each with the 5" radio and neither had any issues.

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
I used the SSV Works adaptors to install Infinity Kappa 62ix speakers in the sound bar of both my JT and my JL, each with the 5" radio and neither had any issues.
Did you use both of the factory leads to each speaker? Just curious if it makes a difference since you don't have the factory amplifier. Currently I have both leads connected and don't have any problems myself on the 7" system.

Sponsored

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Did you use both of the factory leads to each speaker? Just curious if it makes a difference since you don't have the factory amplifier. Currently I have both leads connected and don't have any problems myself on the 7" system.
The wiring going into my sound bar is for 1 left and 1 right speaker, the wiring is split inside the sound bar to support 2 left and 2 right speakers. I didn't see any benefit to recombining the wires and am only using the 4" speaker wires for the new speakers.

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
i measured the ohms of the speakers i took out of the sound bar.
the tweeter set was 3.8 ohms
the mid/bass set was 2.2 ohms.

i installed 4 ohm 6x9's (one on each side) and they work great. leave the tweeter leads disconnected, only use the mid/bass main connector on each side if using only 1 single/full range speaker on each side. do not tie the two channels together, you will experience major issues.
Are you on the base sound system? I plan on installing my new 6 inch speakers with the adapter when they arrive this week, and was going to use the 4inch factory speaker lead to connect the new speakers, and leave the 3 inch factory speaker lead unused
Sponsored