J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey @Dominion OffRoad - would you guys have a "low profile Hi-lift mount", for those of us with the Trektop? Not sure if it could squeeze in another way, but curious if you've figured it out :)
Sponsored

JoFoCoCo

First Name
Josef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Ocean Metallic hardtop
Just mounted my Power Tank and I can tell you it is not compatible since both brackets use the same soft top mounting points.
@conFUcius -
Can you mount both brackets at the same time, running the screws through both sets of brackets?

I'm specifically interested in mounting a 5lb tank (10lb bracket or tank would likely interfere with the Dominion bracket or jack).

Last edited:

JoFoCoCo

First Name
Josef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Ocean Metallic hardtop
@conFUcius -
Can you mount both brackets at the same time, running the screws through both sets of brackets?

I'm specifically interested in mounting a 5lb tank (10lb bracket or tank would likely interfere with the Dominion bracket or jack).
Was able to mount both the original (hard top only) Dominion Hi Lift bracket and the Power Tank JL 4door Sports Bar mount (driver side). Cheated the 5lb tank Super Bracket to be hanging off the bottom of the Sports Bar mount, and only used 4 screws instead of the designed 6. I figured the 5lb is about half the weight of the 10lb, and it's only mounted to the Jeep with 2 M8 screws, which are smaller diameter than the 4 3/8 screws mounting the Super Bracket to the Sport Bar. Also added the 10lb Sheeley Brace since the 5lb tank was mounted so low on the Sports Bar mount.

One thing that wasn't obvious to me when purchasing the Power Tank is it's only about a 45degree angle between the plate soft top attachment points and the long portion of the Sports Bar mount bracket, so the Super Bracket is facing "into" the center of the jeep, which means the Power Tank has to sit quite low on the Sports Bar mount to not mechanically interfere with the Hi Lift jack base. Might be a little more clearance on the passenger side?

Also, the newer Dominion mount places the Hi Lift jack a few inches lower for soft top clearance. This configuration might not work with that newer "shorter" jack location.
Jeep Wrangler JL Dominion OffRoad Products Thread 20210510_205315
Jeep Wrangler JL Dominion OffRoad Products Thread 20210510_205324
Jeep Wrangler JL Dominion OffRoad Products Thread 20210510_205332
Jeep Wrangler JL Dominion OffRoad Products Thread 20210510_205342
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.