flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
I recently purchased a 2-door Sport with standard all-terrain tires/rims combo and heavy-duty rock sliders. After applying 3M protective film to the door hinges, I thought it might be worth the extra level of protection to also install a set of RokBlokz mud flaps (front only).

While this will obviously help protect the doors, I'm also curious if this is effective for keeping rocks and gravel out of the fender flare gaps. Like many others in this forum, I already installed solid foam welting, but would rather just go with the mud flaps to mitigate both issues. Appreciate any observations/recommendations on this topic, and thanks for your assistance.
Sponsored

calbake

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I recently purchased a 2-door Sport with standard all-terrain tires/rims combo and heavy-duty rock sliders. After applying 3M protective film to the door hinges, I thought it might be worth the extra level of protection to also install a set of RokBlokz mud flaps (front only).

While this will obviously help protect the doors, I'm also curious if this is effective for keeping rocks and gravel out of the fender flare gaps. Like many others in this forum, I already installed solid foam welting, but would rather just go with the mud flaps to mitigate both issues. Appreciate any observations/recommendations on this topic, and thanks for your assistance.
The before and after difference on the amount of rocks that you will hear hit metal once the RokBlokz are installed is night and day. They’re extremely effective. I still hear one ping off the rockers occasionally but it’s wayyyyy better. With that in mind, yes it should help keep rocks from launching up and getting stuck in the gap between the fenders and body.

OP
OP
flyer92

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, Caleb...that's great feedback. Installing the front flaps is obviously a must, but not sure the rears are worth it. I'm only using these for off-road use, so not worried about aesthetics, and don't expect to have any other vehicles close behind me. As such, is there any real benefit to buying a set of rear flaps?

calbake

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, Caleb...that's great feedback. Installing the front flaps is obviously a must, but not sure the rears are worth it. I'm only using these for off-road use, so not worried about aesthetics, and don't expect to have any other vehicles close behind me. As such, is there any real benefit to buying a set of rear flaps?
If you don’t anticipate having anyone close behind you and don’t care about how it looks, I don’t think there’d be any benefit in installing the rears.
Sponsored