Sponsored

Drove the v8 yesterday...

sna77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Friend stopped by with a 392 Rubicon yesterday. I took it for a spin, then snapped some pics next to my 2019 Rubicon for comparison. That thing really moves... The engine cuts off a 99 MPH, which is probably for the best lol.

Fun facts: no start/stop... the button is replaced with an exhaust button, that makes the exhaust louder--ha!

3921.jpg

3922.jpg

3923.jpg

3924.jpg
Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I'm hoping that when they reopen the ability to order these dealers are more reasonable.
I actually hope they put it in the Gladiator, I would be really interested in a 392 JTR. More so with less options, I don't need all the standard luxury items. Keep it priced close to an entry lever Power Wagon. $70k plus, they are going strictly after G-Wagon buyers... I feel the 392 is about 10K too much. But really bad ass.

OP
OP
sna77

sna77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I actually hope they put it in the Gladiator, I would be really interested in a 392 JTR. More so with less options, I don't need all the standard luxury items. Keep it priced close to an entry lever Power Wagon. $70k plus, they are going strictly after G-Wagon buyers... I feel the 392 is about 10K too much. But really bad ass.
and Defender buyers... $110k for Defender 110 V8. Priced one out, but couldn't justify it so settled on the 6 cylinder Defender for the wife...

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
and Defender buyers... $110k for Defender 110 V8. Priced one out, but couldn't justify it so settled on the 6 cylinder Defender for the wife...
I actually forgot about the Defender... I did briefly looked at one before getting my Rubicon, but didn't even test drive it. Didn't live up to my expectations for the name. Plus I really wanted a manual, dealer didn't have any and not sure if they come with one. I wasn't even aware they had a V8 option. I would love to really consider a G someday, but I think I would be more into importing an older model with a diesel with manual for a true overland build.

OP
OP
sna77

sna77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I drove the Defender and loved it. I'm just not sure it will replace my Wrangler (non-convertible is deal breaker for me). Ordered the Defender 110 in January, arrives mid-May. Technically, my wife's car lol.

The v8 (not what I ordered) is 518 HP. They won't sell it with a roof rack for liability purposes...

lr1.PNG

LR2.PNG

d110.PNG

old mike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
little red 2021 JLR (Ruby J. L. Tudor)
So, England wants over $100K for a stripped down base model V8 Land Rover? My, my, I guess they should have thought a little more about the consequences of BREXIT and the antics of that clown, Boris Johnson. But, it's too late now; they won't be saved by their historically overrated and now grossly overpriced engineering and production skills.

The JL has its share of problems, issues, and weaknesses and Jeep/FCA/Stellawhatsiss needs to focus on resolving them; but, England still won't be able to support itself on $100K pretentious mall crawlers, not that much market for such things. At this rate, a Land Rover strategy won't get them much further than working overtime to increase their cheese production. As this Land Rover demonstrates, they were always good at cheese.

OP
OP
sna77

sna77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, England wants over $100K for a stripped down base model V8 Land Rover?
Just for point of clarification... the V8 is not a stripped down base model--it comes with every option basically... The base model Defender 110 S starts at $50k... You can options these things out with $50k+ with engines etc. They've also got a wait list for them, so people are buying them...

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

I would also like to see this in the Gladiator. Not sure if they are worried about it cutting into the TRX sales as they would be almost the exact same price. Different customers in my opinion, but what do I know. I am looking for a truck to replace my SRT and keeping my JLUR. I test drove the TRX and would lean towards that because of the creature comforts and supercharged engine. Most importantly for me is the towing capacity. I want to tow my JLUR on a trailer behind a truck, the JT will do it, but not very well here in Colorado. The difference between the 3.6 and 5.7 in my wife's Grand Cherokee is night and day for towing. I have not attempted to tow with my SRT or the Trackhawk when I had it because they sit so low to the ground that the weight distribution hitch would not work.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I actually forgot about the Defender... I did briefly looked at one before getting my Rubicon, but didn't even test drive it. Didn't live up to my expectations for the name. Plus I really wanted a manual, dealer didn't have any and not sure if they come with one. I wasn't even aware they had a V8 option. I would love to really consider a G someday, but I think I would be more into importing an older model with a diesel with manual for a true overland build.
I think everyone forgot about the new defender/element. ,😂

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I drove the Defender and loved it. I'm just not sure it will replace my Wrangler (non-convertible is deal breaker for me). Ordered the Defender 110 in January, arrives mid-May. Technically, my wife's car lol.

The v8 (not what I ordered) is 518 HP. They won't sell it with a roof rack for liability purposes...

lr1.PNG

LR2.PNG

d110.PNG
I started liking the new defender until somebody compared it to an element on twitter. I cant get it off my head now.
Jeep Wrangler JL Drove the v8 yesterday... 2003-2006_Honda_Element_--_08-28-2011

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
So, England wants over $100K for a stripped down base model V8 Land Rover? My, my, I guess they should have thought a little more about the consequences of BREXIT and the antics of that clown, Boris Johnson. But, it's too late now; they won't be saved by their historically overrated and now grossly overpriced engineering and production skills.

The JL has its share of problems, issues, and weaknesses and Jeep/FCA/Stellawhatsiss needs to focus on resolving them; but, England still won't be able to support itself on $100K pretentious mall crawlers, not that much market for such things. At this rate, a Land Rover strategy won't get them much further than working overtime to increase their cheese production. As this Land Rover demonstrates, they were always good at cheese.
Meanwhile, now that the Chinese own Jaguar Land Rover, they are stealing as much intellectual property as possible for a pump and dump, just like they do with many auto manufactures that enter Chinese partnership. I hear these are selling like hotcakes, with all sorts of modern electronic nannies and mechanical goodies for just $20,000. JLR won't last the next 10 years.

Jeep Wrangler JL Drove the v8 yesterday... 1619630489942

Jeep Wrangler JL Drove the v8 yesterday... 1619630435400

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Fun facts: no start/stop... the button is replaced with an exhaust button, that makes the exhaust louder--ha!
they should just write "Go Loud" on the button instead of the Raccoon eyes. and maybe have a Call of Duty voice yell "Go Loud!" when you push the button :LOL:
Sponsored