Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Is the rear window plastic tabs not tucking in an issue? I've had my top since April and I've had the same issues since installing it. Just thought it was maybe a design flaw
He ended up getting his tucked in, it's just a stubborn part of a new install. It's not essential that they be tucked in but it neatens up the appearance in the back.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sponsored

leftofJL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Sport, 2018 JLU Sport-S
He ended up getting his tucked in, it's just a stubborn part of a new install. It's not essential that they be tucked in but it neatens up the appearance in the back.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Yes I got them tucked in. However, it looks like the area near the tailgate bar is still moving quite a bit at highway speed.

Datjeeptho

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I have a couple questions about the trek tops. Are they all weather?
I live in Colorado and don’t have much space for storing a hard top so if I go with the soft top, it would likely be on permanently.
I’m just curious about snow and the back window without a defroster and such.
Any info @Bestop can give on this?

thank you!

SteveT

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2d
I live in Colorado and don’t have much space for storing a hard top so if I go with the soft top, it would likely be on permanently.

thank you!
My opinion, it works fine for the winter. I live in New York and decided this year I wanted be lazy and leave my trek top on cuz I like the fast back look more than the boxy hard top and I didn’t wanna do the work again to put it back on. Since we hadn’t had much snow I thought it would be a good idea. Then we got hammered and it’s been great. The cabin gets warm with the heat on, It doesn’t leak, and still looks great. Just can’t clean the windows too much because of potentially breaking the vinyl, but that’s any soft top. I didn’t even go with the higher priced trek top.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
If it's anything like the previous trektop nx, it'll work great in the winter. I had one in my 4 door jk and I live in Colorado springs.

Only soft top I ever had issues with was the twill jl top.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU

thank you!
Hey Chris!
We're in Colorado too, have been a CO based company for over 50 years. These are absolutely all-weather tops, especially with the Twill material. The Twill is the same material you'll find on very high end cars and has a great heat and sound insulation property. Let me know if you have any other questions or feel free to shoot me a PM if you'd prefer.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Do you have any plans for a 2 door convertible trektop? Is swap in a heartbeat but with half doors coming soon tm I really want to be able to put it down so the way.

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Do you have any plans for a 2 door convertible trektop? Is swap in a heartbeat but with half doors coming soon tm I really want to be able to put it down so the way.
No dates that I can share yet, Trevor, for a 2 door convertible Trektop. I'm glad we're on your mind though :like:

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I had the trektop on my jk and really liked it. If prefer a soft top to my hard top any day of the week. The factory let snow in though.

Is a 2 door version being planned? I'm reading into no dates meaning there is a plan lol. Am I over reaching?

Punk’n Rubi

First Name
Angie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk’n Rubicon; 2017 GoMango Charger Daytona 392
@Bestop

I have a Bestop black diamond Trektop slantback for my 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR. Love the top concept but the rear window flaps and makes so much noise it is unbearable when going interstate speeds. We have taped off the pressure valve in the tailgate to see if that helped, no luck. We also took ofc the spare tire to see if that helped, no luck. My husband rode one the very back trying to see what was causing the noise and looked to see if the top was installed properly and can’t find anything either. Any trouble shooting thoughts? We have some long distance Jeep trips coming up in 2 weeks and next month, there is no way we can drive four 8+ hours with this noise. It is a flapping noise, not wind/tire noise (which is understandable and bearable).

It seems as if there are others who have experienced the obnoxious flapping noise according to this forum. However, today after waiting on hold for 53 minutes, I was told that there are no issues with this top flapping… very disappointing after spending this much money on a top that makes so much noise, it will drive a person crazy.

Sponsored

424hamst

First Name
Kal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited
@Bestop

I have a Bestop black diamond Trektop slantback for my 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR. Love the top concept but the rear window flaps and makes so much noise it is unbearable when going interstate speeds. We have taped off the pressure valve in the tailgate to see if that helped, no luck. We also took ofc the spare tire to see if that helped, no luck. My husband rode one the very back trying to see what was causing the noise and looked to see if the top was installed properly and can’t find anything either. Any trouble shooting thoughts? We have some long distance Jeep trips coming up in 2 weeks and next month, there is no way we can drive four 8+ hours with this noise. It is a flapping noise, not wind/tire noise (which is understandable and bearable).

It seems as if there are others who have experienced the obnoxious flapping noise according to this forum. However, today after waiting on hold for 53 minutes, I was told that there are no issues with this top flapping… very disappointing after spending this much money on a top that makes so much noise, it will drive a person crazy.
Curious if you have an early version of this top. I got one when they first released and had the same issues. Bestop was very helpful and actually sent me a new rear window and new top section. The issue with mine was that it didn't have the velcro above the rear window that attached to the top. Once I replaced the older version with this newer version, we have not had an issue in several years. There was definitely an issue with the first version that didn't have these along with the rear rail at the bottom of the window wasn't sized correctly and had a gap that you could see through.

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
@Bestop

Please shoot me your number and a reminder of this subject in a PM and I'll have someone from CS reach out to you so you won't have to wait on hold again.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

jetpuck73

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
@Bestop team I have a Trektop on my 2018 Rubicon and every time I open the tailgate the weather strip on the back window falls off, I have to push it back on. Is there anything I can do to stop this?

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU

Hoover531

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jl Rubicon
For the two door folks, can people still ride on the back seats? I just want to make sure there was room due to the trek top slant.
Sponsored