Altitude2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Altitude
Hi Guys!

We are pleased to have the opportunity to support such a dedicated and enthusiastic forum. As an authorized Mopar Parts and Accessory retailer we are here to help answer any product questions you may have. We also welcome any part inquiries you may have no matter how big or small. I should also note we have some of the best pricing around :rock:

Please feel free to reply here with any inquiries!

Thank you,
Benny
Hi, I just received my Mopar brake controller. I understand I will be loosing my 12v power when its installed. Does the controller use the 12v as power or can I relocate the 12v power plug? Where is a good spot to relocate it? Thank you
Sponsored

OP
OP
AllMoparParts.com

AllMoparParts.com

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Hi, I just received my Mopar brake controller. I understand I will be loosing my 12v power when its installed. Does the controller use the 12v as power or can I relocate the 12v power plug? Where is a good spot to relocate it? Thank you
Hi,
Based on the install sheet here https://www.allmoparparts.com/docs/82215652AB.pdf the connector is not utilized therefore can be used elsewhere.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks,
-Benny

Altitude2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Altitude2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Price for

68038123AA
I want to move/relocate the 12v outlet that the brake controller will be installed in. Maybe I should have asked if the existing wiring would reach to the passenger side near the gear shift. Like in the picture.

20201031_160553.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
AllMoparParts.com

AllMoparParts.com

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I want to move/relocate the 12v outlet that the brake controller will be installed in. Maybe I should have asked if the existing wiring would reach to the passenger side near the gear shift. Like in the picture.

Jeep Wrangler JL How Can We Help? 20201031_160553
I am sorry we do not know how much slack is on the wire but I dont believe it would allow that much.

- Benny

Sponsored

Altitude2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you, just saw this post...
Back to the Mopar Brske controller. When connected to the Jeep JL and you press the manual brake on the controller to adjust the trailers brakes. What lights should light up on the dash? I'm reading that there are issues with the Mopar brake controller.

OP
OP
AllMoparParts.com

AllMoparParts.com

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Back to the Mopar Brske controller. When connected to the Jeep JL and you press the manual brake on the controller to adjust the trailers brakes. What lights should light up on the dash? I'm reading that there are issues with the Mopar brake controller.
Hi Chris,

We are updating the product and any posts with new info. So far Mopar has added these notes now:

If adding this trailer brake controller to JL or and sales code ADH is not present, dealer must also install harness 82216416AA

The problem is that this harness is not available yet and the ETA is Feb. Send me your VIN and I will check for that code to see if you need this.

- Benny

Altitude2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Chris,

We are updating the product and any posts with new info. So far Mopar has added these notes now:

If adding this trailer brake controller to JL or and sales code ADH is not present, dealer must also install harness 82216416AA

The problem is that this harness is not available yet and the ETA is Feb. Send me your VIN and I will check for that code to see if you need this.

- Benny
Great and thanks Vin# 1C4HJXEG6LW112656