How Can We Help?

Altitude2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Altitude
You have ADH (Trailer Tow & HD Electrical Group) Therefore you do not need this.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks,
-Benny
Thank you. My Jeep is in the shop tonight because the tech was trying to figure out the controller. I'm glad this will not throw him off.
Sponsored

Quadjeeper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
Occupation
retired
Does what? You have a JL correct?

- Benny
2020 JL, yes. I'm referring to the issue with the warning lights coming on if the manual brake button is pressed. Am on another thread about that and thought that was the subject here. Sorry. Apparently there is a common issue with the ABS, stability and traction lights coming on if that button is pressed, trailer connected or not. Was mentioned there may be a new harness with a diode to fix that. If you hear of it, please post info. Thanks.

OP
OP
AllMoparParts.com

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
2020 JL, yes. I'm referring to the issue with the warning lights coming on if the manual brake button is pressed. Am on another thread about that and thought that was the subject here. Sorry. Apparently there is a common issue with the ABS, stability and traction lights coming on if that button is pressed, trailer connected or not. Was mentioned there may be a new harness with a diode to fix that. If you hear of it, please post info. Thanks.

Gotcha. The most recent info I have is this issue "should" only be present on JT's and a dealer flash is what the proposed solution will be. This is not official so we want to make sure we have all the info first before updating any of our threads. Did you purchase this controller from us?

- Benny

Sponsored

Quadjeeper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
Occupation
retired
Gotcha. The most recent info I have is this issue "should" only be present on JT's and a dealer flash is what the proposed solution will be. This is not official so we want to make sure we have all the info first before updating any of our threads. Did you purchase this controller from us?

- Benny
I purchased it from a dealership in Lakeland Fla. online.

Altitude2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
November 24th my Jeep JLU will go back to the dealership. They are aware that there maybe issues. I have the ADH and factory trailer package. If it does not work, I am hoping the dealership will have more avenues to get it resolved. It's expensive to do, but I feel it may be worth it.

Quadjeeper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
Occupation
retired
November 24th my Jeep JLU will go back to the dealership. They are aware that there maybe issues. I have the ADH and factory trailer package. If it does not work, I am hoping the dealership will have more avenues to get it resolved. It's expensive to do, but I feel it may be worth it.
I'm thinking all it needs is a diode inline to the brake switch.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AllMoparParts.com

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Ok we have a few JT cases open and are awaiting info from Mopar. I will post here once we hear back.

I would let the place you bought it from know so that they can extend the allowable return time in the case it is a controller issue.

- Benny

Quadjeeper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
Occupation
retired
Ok we have a few JT cases open and are awaiting info from Mopar. I will post here once we hear back.

I would let the place you bought it from know so that they can extend the allowable return time in the case it is a controller issue.

- Benny
Ok, thanks Benny. Hope I don't have to return it, was a bear to install behind that aluminum bracket!

Altitude2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

- Benny
Ok, thanks Benny. Hope I don't have to return it, was a bear to install behind that aluminum bracket!
Let's see if my controller does the same. The Service Manager is leaning towards it not working. However he said I have all the required items ADH and trailer package. So it's a matter of installing it.

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
Hi Michael,

The 20/21 JL with a diesel uses part # 68336245AB box. The part is on backorder with a Dec. ETA at this time. They are pretty pricey as well https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-power-steering-gear-diesel-68336245ab

Let me know if you have any questions at this time,
- Benny
i just crawled under new jeep jl diesel and the sticker was still on my steering box. Glad I have the new steering box. First thoughts was oh crap as it was in bright shining aluminum finish.

Jeep Wrangler JL How Can We Help? CB7D69E9-328D-4034-B613-4CDFC97DD74E

Altitude2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How would I know if I need the new steering box that is listed in the TSB. I was told my Jeep is included in the TSB, but the dealership feels I do not need it. In all fairness they didn't know what to look for, I don't either. I know I have a fare bit of travel in the steering wheel at higher speeds. But that could be normal.
Sponsored