Sponsored

Wrangler Software Updates?

Michael_LI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
My other car gets OTA updates; do Jeep issue firmware updates for Wranglers that one can upload via USA for something? For bug fixes, of course, but also for operational/function improvements (such as allowing the rear camera to be always on or the awful Android Auto interface) ?
Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Not sure about the others, but the 8.4 does have OTA updates. My jeep got one about a month ago.

OP
OP

Michael_LI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
... the 8.4 does have OTA updates.
I just have the regular 7" screen so I don't think there's any two-way wireless connectivity in my car (apart from secret government trackers of course) so I assumed it would need USB unless it can use WiFi/bluetooh to my phone?

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I just have the regular 7" screen so I don't think there's any two-way wireless connectivity in my car (apart from secret government trackers of course) so I assumed it would need USB unless it can use WiFi/bluetooh to my phone?
UConnect has a website (it can be found via a Google search) that tells you if your radio needs an update using your VIN number so I assume it would know you have the 7” and if you’re not up-to-date it perhaps allows you to download the file into a USB drive? I can’t say for sure.

Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
How do you check for them?
I don’t know if there is a way to check for them. With my Jeep, and for many others who have posted on this forum, the screen tells you. I was driving and I got a notification covering a majority of the screen telling me there is an update and asking me to set a time for it to update or to do it now. I was driving home and I was almost there so I set it to initiate 20 minutes later and I got home and locked my jeep and went inside. Out of curiosity I got out of the house and went near my jeep and I saw that the screen was on and the update was in process with a bar underneath and an ETA of about 45 minutes. The next day everything was normal. One way I knew the update was successful was because it had also updated Off-Road Pages from v19 to v20

OP
OP

Michael_LI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
UConnect has a website (it can be found via a Google search) that tells you if your radio needs an update using your VIN number so I assume it would know you have the 7” and if you’re not up-to-date it perhaps allows you to download the file into a USB drive? I can’t say for sure.
Thanks; I'll check it.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Unfortunately, the 7" unit doesn't get OTA updates.
Sponsored