Winter undercoating

Schuter

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Silverado 2500
Do any of you northern guys use products like Fluid Film, NH Oil Undercoating, CRC Corrosion Inhibitor , etc?
Sponsored

Luxy60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Willys 4xe, '17 Subaru Crosstrek
Planning to have it sprayed by NH Oil Undercoating when I get it home.

Jihx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Am also curious as to the best option.. expecting mine in late jan/feb and it will be heavy winter. Would like to set it up for success in terms of rust avoidance.

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I have my 2018 done by "Rust Cop ", an annual ritual. It's applied to all cavities, inside of frame, everything from the beltline down.
Google "Carwell .com" for information, reviews

68jcode

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler

jurassic3k

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Kia Telluride SX AWD
Here is a pic I took yesterday when I did the diff cover. 1 year of ownership in Wisconsin weather...daily driver with almost 10,000 miles. No rust anywhere.
Jeep Wrangler JL Winter undercoating 20220814_120552

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Do any of you northern guys use products like Fluid Film, NH Oil Undercoating, CRC Corrosion Inhibitor , etc?
I sprayed fluid film last year. One bad thing is the smell that lingered for a long time. A year later it's still wet which I guess is good, but it's a mess when I installed wiring for lighting. Now that it's on, I'm pretty much stuck with it as I don't think another product would stick

Stetson

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2014 Ford Raptor
Occupation
Project Manager
I live in Salt Lake City and we get quite a bit of snow and they are not shy about spraying brine and road salt everywhere…

that being said I don’t undercoat anything and I have never had any issues. I have found that aftermarket parts (step bars etc) tend to show some signs of rust but the factory components hold up pretty good.

my wife has a ‘16 golf R, I have a’14 Raptor and we just sold our ‘18 rubicon to buy a 392. No real rust issues on any of them and no protection other than periodically spraying them down at the car wash.

stetson

Ken Ztopolovky

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2dr stingray stick
What works for me is an ordinary high heat resistance paint can. Many years ago when I had leftover can after doing some manifold work I tested just out of curiosity some of the black paint on a little patch of rust along the frame and that place was cured of any brown cancerous growth for many more salty winters .
Sponsored