Winter cover recommendations

PeterG7

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Just ordered my first Wrangler. I live in Wisconsin and park outside. I'd like to cover it overnight in the winter. Any cover recommendations? And grill cover?
Sponsored

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
I wouldn't recommend a cover for winter months. After driving it in nasty road conditions with streets covered in salt and sand, then throwing a cover over it is sure to scratch up the nice paint job when you take cover off and put back on. Unless you wash it every single day to get that grit off the paint.....Winter is a nasty season, your jeep can handle being dirty.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
You're much better off just taking it to a sprayer once a week and rinsing her off.
You put a cover on it with all that shit and then a windy evening means you're going to trash the paint.

Source: Canadian. Mine is currently in driveway covered in salt and road shit because it's almost cold enough where fahrenheit and celcius meet right now and I can't use a sprayer until it warms up a bit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PeterG7

PeterG7

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
You're much better off just taking it to a sprayer once a week and rinsing her off.
You out a cover on it with all that shit and then a windy evening means you're going to trash the paint.

Source: Canadian. Mine is currently in driveway covered in salt and road shit because it's almost cold enough where fahrenheit and delicious meet right now and I can't use a sprayer until it warms up a bit.
I got a 4xe and I've been reading that they may have issues in the cold. I can't plug it in overnight so I thought I would cover it up to keep it a little bit warmer.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I got a 4xe and I've been reading that they may have issues in the cold. I can't plug it in overnight so I thought I would cover it up to keep it a little bit warmer.
That won't do anything to keep your jeep "warm" like a garage could. Maybe one of those white storage shelters to keep her out of the wind but certainly not a fabric cover.

areuriding

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon XR
Like others have said, don't cover it or you'll end up with the paint looking like you wiped it down with sandpaper.
Sponsored