Windshield Protection Film?

keg392

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR 392 XR
As far as windshields are concerned, I'm hearing that even the Gorilla Glass sucks. Has anyone installed clear protection film (such as ExoShield) over their windshield to avoid constantly replacing it?

It's a good idea in theory, but I have zero clue if it's something worth pursuing.
Sponsored

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
I've had the Racing Optics film on for 17 months now. It's 3 layers of film that allows you to peel off layers as they degrade. I've only peeled off the first layer, but I may have to peel the second layer off soon. The wipers do start to wear on the film and the film starts to flake off after several months. It also rains all the time here in FL so my wipers get used a lot. The flaking doesn't really bother me - it's only really noticeable at the right angle in the sun. They estimate each layer will last 6 months. The first layer lasted me about 10 months.

Regarding the protection: I'm still on my original windshield. I've had 3 good rock impacts on the highway since I put it on and I have no cracks or chips. It's hard to say if it's because of the window film, but it certainly didn't hurt. Overall I'm happy with the performance.

If you end of getting it, just take your time when installing. If anything goes wrong during install, contact the company and they'll help you get the issue resolved. If they can't resolve it, they'll send you a replacement for free. They're a great company who stands behind their product.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Also have the Racing Optics....went through three windshields before applying it to my 4th while still new last summer. they tell you to peel at 3 months I think....but I will wait till after the winter...it's still like new. I love this stuff, it has def worked as described and prevented nicks and cracks. My JLR is my daily and I travel 57 miles to work (all highway) so it was a no brainer. So far it has been great!

JJC01

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangerl Unlimited Sahara Eco Diesel
Also have the Racing Optics....went through three windshields before applying it to my 4th while still new last summer. they tell you to peel at 3 months I think....but I will wait till after the winter...it's still like new. I love this stuff, it has def worked as described and prevented nicks and cracks. My JLR is my daily and I travel 57 miles to work (all highway) so it was a no brainer. So far it has been great!
Rico, I definitely will. I saw your Jan post on the Racing Optics Multi-Layer Windshield Defense this AM and left it open on a browser page to follow-up tonight. My wife and I went off road a lot when we lived in SoCal, will not here, but even with such limited mileage on it so far, love and are very excited about our new and 1st Wrangler. I wouldn’t be honest if I didn’t admit that windshield damage made me sick to my stomach when it happened. I want to minimize the possibility of it happening again just by driving down a paved road, so you can rest assured I will look into the R.O. MLWD. Thanks again for the suggestion.
Sponsored