Free Paint Protection Film???

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
Today I had Angelwax Ceramic wax put on my 2022 Sahara. When I picked her up the owner of the business who did the application, he ask me about the PPF on the fenders. Sure enough when you look closely at the fenders you can see the edge of the film. It is on all four of the body colored fenders front and back, and included the very front of the fenders. He said that is a spot that gets beat up easily. I did not pay the dealer to do it, nor did I specifically order it from the factory. There was no charge on my copies of the sales documents. She was ordered on March 1st 2022, I picked it up on April 27th. It seems strange that the factory would add it. Is it standard for the 2022 Sahara or the Sahara with the body colored fenders? If it was included from the factory, I did pay for it in the cost of the body colored fenders...
Sponsored

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
Interesting, I never heard of that.

Walker Texas Wrangler

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon, Previous: '99 TJ Sahara
Build Thread
Link
The front end of the body colored fenders on the back have a paint protection film. I wasn't aware of any that comes from the factory on the front ones though?

Taco2Rubi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Just picked up my new '22 JLU Rubicon 2 wks ago, and only the rear painted flares have the PPF on them

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

It seems strange that the factory would add it.
It's not strange. Many vehicles come from the factory with some type of PPF to protect critical areas. My wife's Grand Cherokee has it to protect the bottom front of the rear quarter panels.

Sponsored

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
My rear painted ones have PPF from the factory.

Gunfighter

First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Occupation
Trying not to get warning points
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, my HA came with the rear fenders film - had it removed. There are a few dinks and chips now, but that's par for the course. Good with it.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
I think the JL Rubicon with painted fenders always had them, my 2021 4xe came with them, guess it has to do with the wider tires on the 4xe Sahara vs the non 4xe.

Did not notice any on the front, just the rear.

OP
OP
Nitehawk92

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
Today I had Angelwax Ceramic wax put on my 2022 Sahara. When I picked her up the owner of the business who did the application, he ask me about the PPF on the fenders. Sure enough when you look closely at the fenders you can see the edge of the film. It is on all four of the body colored fenders front and back, and included the very front of the fenders. He said that is a spot that gets beat up easily. I did not pay the dealer to do it, nor did I specifically order it from the factory. There was no charge on my copies of the sales documents. She was ordered on March 1st 2022, I picked it up on April 27th. It seems strange that the factory would add it. Is it standard for the 2022 Sahara or the Sahara with the body colored fenders? If it was included from the factory, I did pay for it in the cost of the body colored fenders...
All four fenders on my 2022 Sahara have the Paint Protection Film on them. This is one of the front fenders. I don't know anything else that would look like that other then PPF.

Jeep Wrangler JL Free Paint Protection Film??? IMG_0667.JPG

[DELETED USER 82058]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon 2-Door
Back is factory. Cheap film. I had mine replaced. More coverage/better film.

JLJoy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU 3.0 Diesel
May have been the dealership. When I picked up my 392 in Boulder a few weeks ago, I noticed it had some PPF on the front flares along with the hood. They also did the windshield frame. I had the factory stuff removed from the rear flares and had the entire flare covered.
Sponsored