Sponsored

Windshield coverage

frankmorris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
New wrangler, can’t seem to leave the driveway without a new scratch or crack (though small). This is insane.

I’m quickly realizing having windshield replacement coverage is a good thing. Are any of the molar or dealer offer coverages worth it? I’m thinking this will be a yearly thing.
Sponsored

4X4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door Sport S 4X4, 1956 Jeep CJ5
Cant you get a replacement through your car insurance and i would not buy any coverage from a dealership as they tend to be more expensive then if you buy it from another company and dealers get a commission from the coverage plan

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer in Vegas offered nothing... car insurance offers nothing beyond the normal if you get a chip or very small crack they'll fill it at no cost. Asked both about extended coverage and both did not have anything to offer.

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
There's no offered glass coverage with my insurance company (USAA) in my state (IL) so I just dropped the deductible for just my Jeep to $100. Still stings, but not as badly.

555Redhorse

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan Rogue, 2015 Ford Mustang
I have Allstate and I just had my windshield cracked. This was covered under the comprehensive part of my (and most peoples) car insurance. I had a $50 deductible which I paid to SafeLite. I asked Allstate what it would cost to have my comprehensive deductible reduced to a $0 deductible; to move all 4 of my cars to $0 it cost me a whopping $26 extra for 6 months. From reading the boards it seems that Jeep windshields crack a bit more often than other cars due to the more vertical profile of the windshield so I thought it was definitely worth the extra few dollars for no deductible next time this happens.
Sponsored