Windshield Cover for Snow

JDoty47

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL
Anyone have a good one? I checked Amazon but didnt see any specifically for the Wranglers skinny windshield.
Sponsored

Brendon

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Willys 2020 GMC Denali 2500 HD
Vehicle Showcase
works OK -- about 4" short but keeps the snow and ice off the windshield

20201201_093907.jpg

OP
OP
JDoty47

JDoty47

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL
Thanks. I have one of those from my old Cherokee but didnt think it would work

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
The Frost Guard in Brendon's post is the same one I use on my daughter's CR-V. It's an almost-perfect fit on that vehicle, but would provide incomplete coverage on the JL. FWIW, those guards/covers do work.

When I had my YJ during a cold/wet/snowy Pennsylvania winter, I scientifically cut a large piece of cardboard to match the profile of the windshield on that vehicle. It worked quite well as a frost guard, but for its abbreviated service life.

Using the original as a template, I kept several spares on hand and deployed them only when the overnight forecast was particularly nasty. Otherwise, I'd use a scraper. That rig had a good defroster. More to the point, the windshield was the only glass on that vehicle, so getting ready each morning didn't take very long.

Alternatively, a deicer spray also works quickly and well. Buy several cans, as they tend to empty quickly even when the user is being frugal with the spray.

20201201_131829.jpg