Pieper

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited 2.0
Hello everyone -

So I'm still getting used the new noises that come with the 2.0 e-Torque / turbo system.

But I wanted to ask the forum if the constant 'wind down' noise i hear every time I decelerate and/or brake is normal? I understand this may just be a side effect of the regenerative braking system...but out of all the new sounds I'm getting used to, this one is currently the most annoying. If there's no music on the stereo, then there's no missing this sound.

Anyway - please give me your thoughts. Bought my Wrangler as a Certified Pre-Owned, and the dealership report was perfect (...of course it was). Just want to make sure nothing seems/sounds off. Thanks!
Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I have some drivetrain. When very warm out the radiator fan ramps up when accelerating and Ramos down when coming to a stop. I assume it’s normal...

OP
OP

Pieper

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited 2.0
Yup that's pretty much the sound in a nutshell. Kinda unexpected...but understand I've got a lot of electric stuff happening in here. Thanks for your input

OP
OP

Pieper

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited 2.0
Hey I'm not sure about a 'dump load'...I'll look into that. However, the noise is not sounding like a fan. Definitely more of an electric sound.
Sponsored