First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R 1250RS-'20, BMW R 1250GS-'20, Ducati 950SS
Occupation
Taxpayer
So, I traded my 2020 Raptor because the FCA dealer gave me $8,000 more than I paid for it, Including the 5% tax. (They're nuts) I bought a 2021 JL Rubicon 2dr. The only complaint I have is when the drivers side window is down, the wind blast hits me in the left ear. I can live with it, but is there any solution? (I don't know how to put a picture, but it's a 2dr hardtop)
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Welcome to the forum.

I used to own a truck on which window rain guards were installed. I wouldn't have purchased them myself, but they were already on the vehicle, and the color match made the contrast much less obvious.

Anyway, the rain guards really worked in terms of redirecting airflow, and rain, when the windows were lowered a bit. Consider this solution for your new Jeep. Click for example.

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old go-cart from 1973
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
Try opening the passenger side window just a little. It will change the airflow inside.

Sponsored

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
take the top off
I second that... Take the top off and get use to the wind slapping you from all angels.... It what having a Jeep is all about, Or take it back and ask for your truck back...

OP
OP
camo4stealth

camo4stealth

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R 1250RS-'20, BMW R 1250GS-'20, Ducati 950SS
Occupation
Taxpayer
No thanks taking the Raptor back. While it was an excellent rig, it was to damn big to take on lots of the forest trails here in Idaho.

JackA

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon; Nacho
Vehicle Showcase
Had this issue with our 2013 JK; greatly reduced the "wind pounding my ear" by installing side window air deflectors.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I keep some of those cheap foam ear plugs in my glove box. Some days the wind is coming just right to hit you in the ear hole when the top and doors are off, not much you can do about it. Throw one in your left ear, call it a day.

I don't recall having the issue you are with the top and doors on. Could it have been a situation of conditions being just right for that to happen? One thing I'm seeing a lot of lately is people running around with the back glass open. If you don't want to remove the top, maybe that would help? I've never done it myself but when I asked about it here before the replies I got seemed to think there isn't much risk of damaging the glass like that.
Sponsored