Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Alright, so hear me out: I have a Warn VR10 in a Motobilt Crusher Bumper w/ the Stinger bar on my JLUR. I've been wondering if it is possible to relocate the solenoid pack for the winch inside the cab? Where, exactly, I'm not sure just yet. This would serve 2 purposes: the first, is additional protection from the elements, since I live in the rust belt. The second, would be so I don't have to get out of the Jeep to plug in the controller, or run the cable from the front of the Jeep, up the hood/ Fender and into the cab.. I'm just curious if anyone has done this before, and if so, how big of a pain in the ass is it? Likewise, what are some potential road blocks you may run into with this? I';m assuming you could disconnect some wires and run them through the firewall somewhere, so that shouldn't be totally impossible.

Also: before anyone starts tossing out suggestions: I'm not really interested in mounting it in the engine bay and getting the wireless controller kit- it's ~$140 and you would still need to open the hood to flip the switch to turn it on. Way more work than just reaching down and plugging in the controller, and at that point, it's probably easier to just leave the solenoid pack up front and just plug it in and run the cable. Doing this would be more of a matter of convenience than anything else. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored