Sponsored

Winch bumper compatible with front receiver?

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket front bumper designed for a winch, preferably stubby, preferably able to take the stock LED fog lights, and most importantly able to fit above an already installed front receiver??
I have a 2019 JLUR with a Curtis front mount trailer hitch receiver from E-trailer. Instead of getting the Curtis receiver I should’ve waited and gotten a front bumper which either included the front receiver or had the option to add one.
Sponsored

Last edited:

saltyjeeplife

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 00 XJ, 08 Scion TC, 15 Ram 3500, 15 Civic
Occupation
fighting natural selection
I was searching through trying to find the same answer. I plan on getting both a front bumper and a front receiver. I'll be using the receiver for surf fishing. I'm stuck between taking a chance and ordering both a bumper and a receiver, or just the bumper and welding a tube to a new bumper. Have you found any bumpers that work with your receiver?

bryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini, F250, Forester, 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
This sounds like a bit of a unicorn. Rock Hard 4x4 did this for the JK; have you pinged them to see if they plan to offer it for the JL as well?

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
This sounds like a bit of a unicorn. Rock Hard 4x4 did this for the JK; have you pinged them to see if they plan to offer it for the JL as well?
I asked Rockhard if they would make a front receiver on a TJ bumper and they said yes. Call and ask, I’d be interested in this too.

OP
OP
Akbill

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
I asked Rockhard if they would make a front receiver on a TJ bumper and they said yes. Call and ask, I’d be interested in this too.
I for sure would like an option for the reciever on their aluminum bumper; I installed it so won't be getting a new bumper just for receive option though. I could not use my front receiver hardware, and will sell locally once there are enough JLs around. There are some bumpers that should work with receiver, but I could not get confirmation; no bumper makers will speculate if it is compatable or not.

Sponsored

xephyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Has anybody found a front bumper with receiver and winch mount out a bumper that will work with the etrailer or other front receiver?

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0 Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I was searching through trying to find the same answer. I plan on getting both a front bumper and a front receiver. I'll be using the receiver for surf fishing. I'm stuck between taking a chance and ordering both a bumper and a receiver, or just the bumper and welding a tube to a new bumper. Have you found any bumpers that work with your receiver?
I also wanted to surf fish and discovered on the steal bumper that the front bolt holes for the end caps line up almost perfectly with fishing rod holders. I only needed two holders but I'm sure the triple holders would work as well. Here's what it looks like.

jeep beach.jpg

thumbnail (6).jpg

saltyaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Barricade Adventure HD bumper with a Smittybilt XRC and roller failed on mine and it perfectly clears the Curt front hitch. I don't have any up-close photos but these might help.

20191012_083714.jpg

20181215_112146.jpg

mwpncookeville

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Stingray Gray
Barricade Adventure HD bumper with a Smittybilt XRC and roller failed on mine and it perfectly clears the Curt front hitch. I don't have any up-close photos but these might help.

20191012_083714.jpg

20181215_112146.jpg
Sorry to revive such and old conversation, but would you mind to post some pictures of your front receiver setup with the bumper and winch? Thanks!!
Sponsored