RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Sorry Grant, this is not what you're looking for (nor am I conversant in the subject matter of your inquiry,) but while I don't have a dash bar, I think this one's pretty cool;):

jeepbar.jpg

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara

imthatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe Bright White
Occupation
Film Editor
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
I haven't been around for first year launches before, but it seems every single after market Jeep supplier is WAY behind on providing things in the first place and then keeping them in stock.

I guess they are going with a stereotypical new Jeep bias and sticking with full support for the JK. Which is easy to support because it had a long run and there will be demand for after market for years ... but damnit, I want my Bestop NX! ;-)

Sponsored

Guy N Cognito

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi 2.0t
I haven't been around for first year launches before, but it seems every single after market Jeep supplier is WAY behind on providing things in the first place and then keeping them in stock.

I guess they are going with a stereotypical new Jeep bias and sticking with full support for the JK. Which is easy to support because it had a long run and there will be demand for after market for years ... but damnit, I want my Bestop NX! ;-)
Bias....

Development takes time. Construction takes time. Marketing takes time. And, for most aftermarket parts providers, they can’t start development until they can buy the vehicle RETAIL. All of that takes capital, which can also add time to the process.

Vector has a dash bar for JK, but it’s currently sold out. They can’t make them fast enough.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara

Brian...you could probably speak to this better than me, as your interest may have motivated commensurate research on the subject matter, but with the 2 door JL version out, I imagine the 4 door isn't far away...????

https://www.bestop.com/jeep/2018/all-new-wrangler-jl/all-new-trektop-nx-soft-top/

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
As a student of economics I do admit to finding it interesting how FCA and the aftermarket enjoy an in part competitive, and in part symbiotic relationship with one another.

On the one hand, FCA chose to keep much 411 that after market vendors could have used, like the JLs dimensions in particular places, hush hush prior to launch, baring a couple of select vendors like Bestop, who supplied OE gear to the rig (and probably signed non-disclose and time based non-competitive covenants to "wazoo") so MOPAR could launch some day 1 gear in a relatively monosonistic (one supplier) market....

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/mopar-parts-pricing-released-for-jl-wrangler.2094/

...all while part of the success of the Wrangler comes in part to the excellent and extensive range of gear this aftermarket provides.

in medieval metaphor, this is a little like FCA protecting the Knight that is the aftermarket from the swords of those seeking to take down the Knight, reserving the dagger that does for themselves.

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer