Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
Mine are 35x12.50.
I looked at a Bikini Rubicon at Myrtle Beach Jeep Jam that had the same Dirty Life wheels with the granite color and it really looked good too. If you are on Rubi suspension with spacers it will clear 35's with no problem.
awesome thanks. now to get the money saved up lol
Sponsored

Jeff2018

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited EcoDiesel
Hi,

Here's a closer shot.

Closeup.jpg
I hope you don't mind a question about your wheels.

Does Dirty Life provide different rings? Is the rash ring the same as the beadlock ring? Is there also an simulated beadlock ring? Looking on Dirty Life's website, it appears that everything listed as options is the "simulated" type.

I like the look of the wheels, and I'm looking for the rash ring. I'm just a little confused how to order the correct ring.

There may be times in the future that I would like to have the beadlock feature; but, for now, I am interested in the rash ring idea to protect the wheel in the rocks.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Jeff

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,

Does Dirty Life provide different rings? Is the rash ring the same as the beadlock ring? Is there also an simulated beadlock ring? Looking on Dirty Life's website, it appears that everything listed as options is the "simulated" type.

I like the look of the wheels, and I'm looking for the rash ring. I'm just a little confused how to order the correct ring.

There may be times in the future that I would like to have the beadlock feature; but, for now, I am interested in the rash ring idea to protect the wheel in the rocks.

Jeff
[/QUOTE]
Hey Jeff
The simulated beadlock ring comes standard with the wheel and the actual beadlock ring is optional. They also have a optional plastic rash ring that is a little different then standard simulated ring. Not sure you need that IMO. Here is a pic of how mine came in the box. Simulated ring only...
Jeep Wrangler JL Wheels with removable rash rings 2BAEEDE6-8DE9-4918-A080-5B1D2979A93A

Jeep Wrangler JL Wheels with removable rash rings 76A73442-56AA-4FF0-B911-06288365EFCD

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Here's my Onyx AEV Borah wheels with the Rash Ring painted in Rustolium Regal Red.

20210328_214633.jpg

20210328_094256.jpg

20210328_094241.jpg

20210328_094351.jpg

Jeff2018

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Rick,

Hey Jeff
The simulated beadlock ring comes standard with the wheel and the actual beadlock ring is optional. They also have a optional plastic rash ring that is a little different then standard simulated ring. Not sure you need that IMO. Here is a pic of how mine came in the box. Simulated ring only...
Jeep Wrangler JL Wheels with removable rash rings 20210328_094351

Jeep Wrangler JL Wheels with removable rash rings 20210328_094351
Thanks for the pics. Thanks, too, for the explanation about the rings. That really makes sense now.

Are you still happy with the Dirty Life wheels? Any drawbacks? Any thoughts about other wheels with rash rings?

Thanks,

Jeff

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Rick,

Thanks for the pics. Thanks, too, for the explanation about the rings. That really makes sense now.

Are you still happy with the Dirty Life wheels? Any drawbacks? Any thoughts about other wheels with rash rings?

Thanks,

Jeff
Really pleased with them. The finish is great and balance out very well. For the price they are a great choice. Don’t really have experience with others.

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
Really pleased with them. The finish is great and balance out very well. For the price they are a great choice. Don’t really have experience with others.
Love the wheels and optional rings.

20210403_091041.jpg

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks yours also... Where did you get the hood decal? I've seen them on eBay and Amazon but wonder about the quality.
Had a local wrap place do it for me. Fender vents also
Pixeldecals.com has great ones.

Sponsored

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,

Jeff
Hey Jeff
Jeep Wrangler JL Wheels with removable rash rings 1CA97D2D-E38F-4588-B0D3-09ABD0ABBB88

Jeep Wrangler JL Wheels with removable rash rings 1CA97D2D-E38F-4588-B0D3-09ABD0ABBB88

[/QUOTE]
Do we sport owners need to upgrade brakes to run 35s?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Jeff

Do we sport owners need to upgrade brakes to run 35s?
[/QUOTE]
I'm running 37s and don't see the need but then again this is not my daily driver.

Jeff2018

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Lito (and Others Reading this Thread)

Hey Jeff
2BAEEDE6-8DE9-4918-A080-5B1D2979A93A.jpeg

76A73442-56AA-4FF0-B911-06288365EFCD.jpeg
Do you by any chance have a picture showing the tire stick-out from the fenders on yours? (There are some posts earlier in this thread showing the tires sticking out with different tires.)

The shop doing the build on ours called just to make sure that I knew there would be more tire sticking out of the wheel well than with stock. I'm assuming it will be similar to the stick-out shown on some of those other pictures. (We selected the 17" Dirty Life wheels and Goodyear MT/R 37" tires.) We went with the 4.53 backspacing on the wheels to get proper clearance with those tires. The shop owner just wanted to make sure I knew this before he mounted the tires.

I don't know that there are any wheel options with that tire that will allow us to stuff the tires into the stock position. Just thought I would throw this out there to see if anyone else was concerned about the stick-out.

Thanks,

Jeff

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Lito (and Others Reading this Thread)

Do you by any chance have a picture showing the tire stick-out from the fenders on yours? (There are some posts earlier in this thread showing the tires sticking out with different tires.)

The shop doing the build on ours called just to make sure that I knew there would be more tire sticking out of the wheel well than with stock. I'm assuming it will be similar to the stick-out shown on some of those other pictures. (We selected the 17" Dirty Life wheels and Goodyear MT/R 37" tires.) We went with the 4.53 backspacing on the wheels to get proper clearance with those tires. The shop owner just wanted to make sure I knew this before he mounted the tires.

I don't know that there are any wheel options with that tire that will allow us to stuff the tires into the stock position. Just thought I would throw this out there to see if anyone else was concerned about the stick-out.

Thanks,

Jeff
Here is a couple. This is same wheel mentioned with 37s on a Sport S with Rubi flares which are wider and axles are narrower than a Rubi.

Jeep Wrangler JL Wheels with removable rash rings 26D679D5-3A1D-432F-84EE-81EF37F6133D
Jeep Wrangler JL Wheels with removable rash rings 1BB41501-F923-4B49-A4D7-BB567E8F65A2
Sponsored