IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm trying to finalize my choices for new wheels/tires for the '18 JLUR Rubicon. Jeep is getting the MOPAR lift. Looking at a 37" tire with an 18" rim

Right now, I'm looking at these wheels: XD Fusion Off-Road 18" DIAMETER (18" x 9") [0 Offset, 5x127 Bolt Pattern, 72.6mm Hub]

xd-series-xd133-satin-gray-back-lip_6.jpg

With these tires: 37" BFGoodrich T/A KO2 LT285/65R18 R

bfgoodrich-all-terrain-t-a-ko2-wl_6.jpg

The tires have 0 offset and 5" backspacing. Given the lift, will these fit without rubbing, mods or spacers? Also, they're 9" wide. Will they stick out at all or be flush (I don't mind if they stick out).

If there are other recommendations for a better set-up, definitely share. I'm getting a Sting-Gray so I'm looking for wheels that will compliment it and would like to go with an 18" rim over the stock 17"
Sponsored

Last edited:

silversgrfx

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm trying to finalize my choices for new wheels/tires for the '18 JLUR Rubicon. Jeep is getting the MOPAR lift.

Right now, I'm looking at these wheels: XD Fusion Off-Road 18" DIAMETER (18" x 9") [0 Offset, 5x127 Bolt Pattern, 72.6mm Hub]

xd-series-xd133-satin-gray-back-lip_6.jpg

With these tires: BFGoodrich T/A KO2 LT285/65R18 R

bfgoodrich-all-terrain-t-a-ko2-wl_6.jpg

The tires have 0 offset and 5" backspacing. Given the lift, will these fit without rubbing, mods or spacers? Also, they're 9" wide. Will they stick out at all or be flush (I don't mind if they stick out).

If there are other recommendations for a better set-up, definitely share. I'm getting a Sting-Gray so I'm looking for wheels that will compliment it and would like to go with an 18" rim over the stock 17"
From my understanding the Rubicons already come with a 33" BFG tire stock. This tire you picked is about 32.5 inches and will fit with out any lift modification. With the Mopar 2" lift you can put a 37" tire in there without much issue of rubbing. I'd go to at least a 35" tire as it will look more balanced on a unlimited. But that is just my opinion as far as the loos aesthetics go.

OP
OP
IndustrialAction

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, I should have clarified, I'm going with a 37" tire

OP
OP
IndustrialAction

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
bump

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
It seems most lift manufacturers are recommending 4.5 backspacing with 37s. You MAY have some rubbing at full steering lock or contact with rear swaybar links. The mopar lift probably has a recommended backspacing in the instructions.
Sponsored