Wheel/Tire Assistance

Drummin4JC

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
Hey forum! I just joined today and am looking for some help/guidance. I was really active on the RamForum when lifted my 2012 Ram1500 and am now in need of some help with my wife's 2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S two door.

We have decided that it's time to put some aftermarket wheels/tires on it. I'm not super familiar with the clearance's and such, so I thought I would sign up and check with the experts here. This is what we are thinking for her NON-LIFTED Wrangler:

Fuel Stroke D611 - 17x9 wheels with a -12 offset
285/70/R17 BF Goodrich KO2 tires

I removed the splash guards from the front bumper already, so I know that will give her some increased clearance. She doesn't off-road (yet) and doesn't really plan to but she wanted to give it a better look. Can you tell me if this setup would work with no rubbing/clearance issues? I greatly appreciate everyone's insight. Thank you in advance!

Adam
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Hey forum! I just joined today and am looking for some help/guidance. I was really active on the RamForum when lifted my 2012 Ram1500 and am now in need of some help with my wife's 2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S two door.

We have decided that it's time to put some aftermarket wheels/tires on it. I'm not super familiar with the clearance's and such, so I thought I would sign up and check with the experts here. This is what we are thinking for her NON-LIFTED Wrangler:

Fuel Stroke D611 - 17x9 wheels with a -12 offset
285/70/R17 BF Goodrich KO2 tires

I removed the splash guards from the front bumper already, so I know that will give her some increased clearance. She doesn't off-road (yet) and doesn't really plan to but she wanted to give it a better look. Can you tell me if this setup would work with no rubbing/clearance issues? I greatly appreciate everyone's insight. Thank you in advance!

Adam
Hi Adam, welcome to the site.
Here's a good site for trying new wheel/tire sets. I plugged in your stock set vs the one you're asking about. Should be fine except for tire poke outside the fender. If you don't have any laws regarding that then no worries. I would consider adding a Rubicon takeoff suspension down the road just to give a bit more room and a nice stance. Here's my thread on the install for those and associated info.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/
https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?wh...70-17X9ET12&fcl=2in&wcl=1.25in&scl=2in&sr=0in
I'm running 295s on a 8.5 +10 offset wheel, and the setup you're wanting would be about a 1/4" out from my fit at the fender (this is prior to any lift). First pic is bone stock, second w/ the 295s and new wheels.

Jeep Wrangler JL Wheel/Tire Assistance 100_4016.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Wheel/Tire Assistance 100_4025.JPG

OP
OP

Drummin4JC

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Adam, welcome to the site.
Here's a good site for trying new wheel/tire sets. I plugged in your stock set vs the one you're asking about. Should be fine except for tire poke outside the fender. If you don't have any laws regarding that then no worries. I would consider adding a Rubicon takeoff suspension down the road just to give a bit more room and a nice stance. Here's my thread on the install for those and associated info.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/
https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?wh...70-17X9ET12&fcl=2in&wcl=1.25in&scl=2in&sr=0in
I'm running 295s on a 8.5 +10 offset wheel, and the setup you're wanting would be about a 1/4" out from my fit at the fender (this is prior to any lift). First pic is bone stock, second w/ the 295s and new wheels.

Thank you for the welcome and for the info! I’ll check it out!! I think we will go ahead and pull the trigger on that setup. I’ll get some before/after pics up on here soon as well. Thanks again!

Adam

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Sounds good, enjoy the new ride!

OP
OP

Drummin4JC

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you so much for your help! Wheels and tires arrived today. Got them mounted and my wife is sooo happy! Went with the following setup:
17x9 Fuel Stroke Wheels wrapped with 285/70/R17 BFGoodrich TA KO2’s.

Before:

29A1AFBD-48AF-49A5-9483-0A0DCB19FE77.jpeg

1C89C6AC-BBFA-48E8-97EB-92890EE56C94.jpeg

32CEB23C-51BC-4F09-98D0-7149142DA0C5.jpeg