First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Global Project Manager
I think mine is probably the same. It came from another dealer, not the selling dealer, just like yours. It had a little sticker on the window referencing a similar lojack thing, which of course I peeled off and tossed and don't remember the brand. There's no mention of it on the Monroney sticker... I'm going over to Rebel Offroad today to order lift kit and some other goodies, will ask them if they know what's up and maybe swing by the dealer afterwards... I don't want to waste a lot of time on the issue but it is annoying.
Mine had no sticker but yours is for sure the same issue! Good to know and to be able to fix the annoyance!
Sponsored

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
WINNER WINNER -> It was a lojack / aftermarket alarm installed from the dealer where the Jeep came from. They figured it all out just about 30 mins ago and took the dash apart to remove it. I had to laugh that the Service Manager said "for once the forums were right...." lol. I had about 100 comments in my mind i wanted to share about the last 4 years of bungled service they provided to me on my prior Jeeps but instead I just let it go. They ought to give a cut to this forum for giving them direction at a minimum because I bet without it they'd have my Jeep for several days. As it was it took them 10 hours start to finish. I'm hoping they didn't jack something else up by taking it all apart.....

I owe you a beer! Thanks again!
I'll see you in Door county for a fish boil...

cmcullen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Rubicon, 2017 Ducati Multistrada
Mine had no sticker but yours is for sure the same issue! Good to know and to be able to fix the annoyance!
Right on. Local shop was so busy I didn't want to bother them apart from ordering my lift/lights/tires etc. Guess I will make an appointment at my dealership and let them know. The sound does seem like it emanates from the dash... at first I thought it was in the glove box.

Anyway, enjoy your new, quieter Jeep!

OP
OP

bbradshaw14

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Global Project Manager
Right on. Local shop was so busy I didn't want to bother them apart from ordering my lift/lights/tires etc. Guess I will make an appointment at my dealership and let them know. The sound does seem like it emanates from the dash... at first I thought it was in the glove box.

Anyway, enjoy your new, quieter Jeep!
Apparently they took the dash apart looking for it and found it in the steering column. GPS module, with a power lead and a ground running under the left kick panel.

Eischman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited

Sponsored

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
I've been around...

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
WINNER WINNER -> It was a lojack / aftermarket alarm installed from the dealer where the Jeep came from. They figured it all out just about 30 mins ago and took the dash apart to remove it. I had to laugh that the Service Manager said "for once the forums were right...." lol. I had about 100 comments in my mind i wanted to share about the last 4 years of bungled service they provided to me on my prior Jeeps but instead I just let it go. They ought to give a cut to this forum for giving them direction at a minimum because I bet without it they'd have my Jeep for several days. As it was it took them 10 hours start to finish. I'm hoping they didn't jack something else up by taking it all apart.....

I owe you a beer! Thanks again!
“For once the forums were right” Hahahahaha😂 what a bunch of clueless and ignorant morons. Especially that service manager. The correct statement is “once again, the forums were right.”
Sponsored