Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
  • Banned
Turn my JL Sahara Unlimited off (i.e. not in accessory mode on the start/stop push switch) and it seems all USB ports, in addition to the 12V adapter in the cargo area remain on.

Is there a power outlet in the rig, other than the 120V for the rear passengers, and the 12V adapter up front, that turns off, or can be configured to turn off when the rig is off?
Sponsored

prw04

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Billet Silver
The rear outlet can be changed in the fuse box by moving the fuse over one slot. The owners manual is your friend.

OP
OP

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
  • Banned
The rear outlet can be changed in the fuse box by moving the fuse over one slot. The owners manual is your friend.
Thanks but I know this, as I do that the USB ports only remain on (as per the manual) for about an hour after the rig is turned completely off.

(I should have said this.) I need the rear 12V outlet in the cargo area always on--as per factory default-- because I source it, along with an accessory wire (one only on when the rig is on) for my dual dash camera. This appliance has the intelligence of knowing that when only the former is energized it needs to go into non-driving mode, and only source the vehicle's battery provided it has ample power to give. (What I don't know, if you do, is if the cargo area outlet is sourced from the big or small battery.)

I was going to source the wire for the vanity lights for battery power (which I'll define differently than accessory power as power that is always tappable, rig on or off) but these lights conform to logic I don't understand. Park the rig, leave the windows open, get out, and come back "next Tuesday," the vanity lights still seem to work. Sit in the driver's seat---the behavior is different.

For the time being I plugged a 12V to USB converter into the outlet in front, and ran a long USB cable to the cargo area, to create a "USB on only when rig is on" solution.

(As an aside--and I know it will never happen--I would love FCA to provide the logic it programs into its computers, updated with any firmware update, that explains what its computers do and how they behave, short of having to open my own Chrysler dealership.)
Sponsored