Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2011 WK2
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
It's about the trip and company! You will see things that only people with ORVs (or long walks) will get to see.

My first trip in a buddy's Jeep. Hooked ever since.
Jeep Wrangler JL What does offroading feel like? IMG_20140723_182234290

Jeep Wrangler JL What does offroading feel like? IMG_20140723_190459982_HDR

Jeep Wrangler JL What does offroading feel like? IMG_20140730_202712936_HDR (1)

Jeep Wrangler JL What does offroading feel like? IMG_20140723_190319775_HDR

Jeep Wrangler JL What does offroading feel like? IMG_20140723_190420266_HDR (1)

IMG_20181021_121845602.jpg

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a brand new Jeep owner and I can't wait for my first trail. Someone asked me a question as a newbie I feel that I am ill-equipped to answer so please help me.

The question - "So you are going to drive 60 miles on perfectly paved roads to go off-road for 7 miles in a muddy area with no real scenic view of sorts. Why would you do that and spend hours cleaning your vehicle afterwards?"

For people who went on their 1st offroading trip, what got you hooked?
Lol, what you said is what got me hooked. It is fascination with a machine that can drive comfortably for hours on the highway and then get brutally subjected to an off-road beating on beautiful trails, and then take you back home again in comfort. It is also the variety of terrain it can handle, from rocks to sand to mud to snow. It is also that it can be a convertible, an SUV, a doorless summer fun vehicle and a winter snow drift busting beast. It still surprises me what a Jeep can go over or through after three of them spread over 3 decades.

Cleaning it, btw, is part of the fun. So is modifying it.

It is a vehicle with multiple personalities that never gets boring. It is a chariot that takes you on adventures far away from the daily grind. There just isn't anything like it. I've gotten to where I just can't think of a vacation without involving the Jeep, unless forced. :LOL:

It is also that Jeep commercials showing them off-road are actually accurate, unlike many others.

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S, Bright White, Freedom Pkg
My wife and I have gone up to N GA a couple times to drive the forest service roads. We really enjoy it. Just the two of us. Top down. Nature all around. Seeing things most people will never experience. Most roads have been passable for normal cars, a few have had big ruts and puddles that a car would not get thru. We're not doing drastic off-roading by any means but it's something we get to enjoy together. Just ran thru the Everglades last week too. Road was full of pot-holes and I'm glad I had the Jeep or we'd have missed another piece of nature including alligators and birds.

ArthurHolo

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LancerX, Yamaha, Jeep
It's hard to describe when you go off-road for the first time. You just need to try it yourself and then you will understand what I mean :D
Sponsored