Weathertech vs. Mopar rear cargo matts

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
We have the Mopar Jeep matts in our JLUR and like them. We've looked at the Mopar rear matt system that goes all the way up the back of the rear seats and they are around $200 with a 15% discount down to $170. We like the idea that they protect the the back of the rear seats as well.

Does anyone have either the Mopar or Weathertech and if so what dow you like or don't like about them?

Thanks
Jim & Joyce
Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Does anyone have either the Mopar or Weathertech and if so what dow you like or don't like about them?
I currently have the mopar ones and enjoy them.

I use the weathertech and it is very easy to move the driver’s side unit by simply getting in and out of the vehicle.

Many times I’ll have to slide the weathertech back because it easily moves up and the front end gets trapped in the space behind the pedals. It’s easy enough to move back in place but it’s a repetitive and frequent process.

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
We have the Mopar Jeep matts in our JLUR and like them. We've looked at the Mopar rear matt system that goes all the way up the back of the rear seats and they are around $200 with a 15% discount down to $170. We like the idea that they protect the the back of the rear seats as well.

Thanks
Jim & Joyce
I have the Mopar floor mats but went with Weathetech for the cargo mat.

The Weathertech provides full coverage from side to side unlike the Mopar. I didn't care about coverage of the back seats because I didn't want to put holes in the seat backs to mount the Mopar mat and if something is wet or messy I use a tarp or blanket anyway.

SABLE RHINO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S 3.6L
Mopar mats for front and rear, quadratec in the cargo area. No complaints.

OP
OP
Frostbit

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
Mopar mats for front and rear, quadratec in the cargo area. No complaints.

Looking at the Quadratec website. Any idea the difference between the "tru-fit" and the "Ultimate"?

Sponsored

gsyoung

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU North Edition
I went with the Mopar cargo matt as well for the back seat coverage and also the material grips things well, keeping them from sliding around. Fyi, I was able to get mine for $129 (leather seat option). I like the weathertech as well, but not a fan of the 2" lip on the back, and material is not as tacky as molars making it easier for things to side around.

TylerU

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU
I have weathertech for front and back floor mats and the mopar back rear mat system. I like the coverage on the back of the seats but it is annoying that the mopar cargo mat doesn't cover the sides. Its also annoying that if you have cargo on top of the mat in the back and put the seats down the seat gap covers dont go down because they are attached to cargo mat. 1st world problems I suppose!

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I've used weathertech in other vehicles and they're great mats. With my Jeep though I got the carpet mats for summer/everyday use, and the Mopar slush mats for winter/trail days.
Quality wise, I don't think there's really much difference between Weathertech and Mopar mats. I like that the Mopar mats have a drain hole that lines up with the drain hole in the floor, and that they clip into the floor too. I never had issues with weathertech mats moving around either, but they don't typically clip in like the OEM set.
When I have my summer mats up front (which have much less coverage) I leave the rear slush mats in. They cover the entire floor, including the hump so that's a nice touch.
Also, I think the Mopar mats ordered after original purchase have red letter that says "Jeep" on them, where mine are all black. If you don't want the red letters I think you have to find someone selling the mats they ordered with the Jeep.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I did the mopars front and rear and got the idea from another forum member to cut this one to size for the rear: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PV5F2L6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I use the Mopar mat from my wife's Renegade for the cargo area. It's a bit small and doesn't cover the entire area, but it's pretty close and the price was right. She had a cargo mat, then later ordered a full set of Mopar mats which came with another cargo mat. No sense in getting rid of it when I could use it. Fits okay for "free".

IMG_20190208_200202690.jpg

Sponsored

WestlakeHorn

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2014 Porsche 911 Carrera S
I have used Weathertechs in many prior vehicles. I have the Mopar mats in the JL b/c they came with the Jeep and I bought the WeatherTech liner for the rear. My personal opinion, but I think the WeatherTech stuff is far superior to the Mopar mats. I will likely replace the Mopar mats sooner rather than later based on the wear they are showing.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I have the mopar for the rears and went with an off brand for the front. The front mat actually covers the lower side plastic so it doesn't get scratched going in and out of the vehicle it also extends underneath the gas pedal. If the mopar front mat would have covered under the gas pedal I would have kept them.
Sponsored