Sponsored

Washer Fluid Stopped Spraying

SunriseJeep

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (ordered)
A couple days ago my washer fluid stopped spraying. I had low washer fluid so assumed it was out. I added a 1/4 bottle of fluid (all I had at home) and it still wouldn’t spray. This was Blue washer fluid (that will be relevant). I wanted to make sure it wasn’t a leak so I bought a bottle of Green washer fluid (to help with the bugs) and filled the basin. It’s still not working so I called the dealer. The believe it is a clog in the line and proceeded to ask me what type of fluid I was using. When I told him the story he asked me if anyone has ever told me that “mixing different kinds of washer fluid causes the fluid to gell and clog the lines?”

I pointed out the problem started before I ever used the free fluid. This dealer always askes questions to see if you “caused” the issue.

So I have 2 questions, anyone else having this problem? And has anyone else ever been told not to mix washer fluid?
Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Pop the hood, check to see if you hear the electric pump run when you have someone pull the lever.

Not sure if it’s supposed to work in ACC or if you need engine running. Probably wouldn’t hear it over the engine noise if the latter.

OP
OP
SunriseJeep

SunriseJeep

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pop the hood, check to see if you hear the electric pump run when you have someone pull the lever.

Not sure if it’s supposed to work in ACC or if you need engine running. Probably wouldn’t hear it over the engine noise if the latter.
Yes I could hear the pump. Even over the Motor. I could actually hear the pump while driving down the road. I checked all the visible cords for leaks or crimps too. I didn’t go routing round further than what was visible though.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@SunriseJeep

So, long story short, are they fixing it under warranty or not?

OP
OP
SunriseJeep

SunriseJeep

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@SunriseJeep

They better be doing it under warranty. I will know for sure Thursday. When I first bought it the dash had a section that was lifted. When I brought it in, they asked if I had done any mods to the interior. I said no, and they said they would order the part and call me. I never got a call. So that’s another thing I am addressing when I bring it in.

I think it is a bad service department. They told my sister her tires are Chopped after just 12k miles. She brought it to another dealer and they said not only are her tires not chopped, but the tires were not rotated at her last service. Which is why she brought it in to begin with.

Really I am wondering if they are trying to pull a fast one telling me that you can not mix washer fluid.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@SunriseJeep

Sometimes the less you tell the guys and gals at a dealership service department the better you are!

In this case, you should have just rolled in and said my windshield washer is not working and I want it fixed.

Anything that you tell them may and undoubtedly, will be used against you lets say. Always, chose carefully what you volunteer to them... AND carefully deny things they may use against you.

In this case, I would have said, I used "windshield washer solution" ..

Reality is, the washer line / nozzles could get plugged regardless of what solution you used.

Anyway, do take my advice, especially, with the toothless, dipshit, Floridian Service Writer's that can commonly be found in Florida. 8-) I spend lots of time in Florida... I avoid dealership service departments like I avoid toothless women. 8-)

My guess is the issue will be fixed under warranty... you just had some nitwit male giving lip service .... talking smack to a female.

OP
OP
SunriseJeep

SunriseJeep

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@SunriseJeep

So where we stand right now, they are blaming me for the nozzle being clogged. Even though it was clogged before I ever put green washer fluid in it. I am on the way to the dealership right now to cancel all the extra warrentees I ordered and to insist they fix it under warrantee. If they don’t I will pay another dealership to do it (unless they are willing to fix it under warrentee) and never give that dealership my service again. I will let you know how it turns out.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@SunriseJeep

Suggest you go in and calmly and politely, ask to speak to the Service Manager. Calmly and politely explain to him you noticed something not right with the washer, prior to your adding the green fluid.... then it just quit. If he refuses to budge say, ok, I will be contacting FCA / Jeep Customer Service and complaining that you would not listen to me and charged me for something that was not right since the JL was delivered. Again, be calm, polite and go easy.. Hopefully, the SM will say ok, we'll cover it. Of course, if they do not you can still contact FCA and they may refund all or part of what you paid for the fix.

Amy, between you and I, you screwed up. Remember what I said in my last post the next time you deal with the ... any, service department.

Let us know how you make out. Also, I'm still wondering why, if the thing was not working right or plugged , why did you put the green or any additional fluid in?

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
So where we stand right now, they are blaming me for the nozzle being clogged. Even though it was clogged before I ever put green washer fluid in it. I am on the way to the dealership right now to cancel all the extra warrentees I ordered and to insist they fix it under warrantee. If they don’t I will pay another dealership to do it (unless they are willing to fix it under warrentee) and never give that dealership my service again. I will let you know how it turns out.
If you think it might be clogged at the nozzle, you could try inserting some fine piano wire in the nozzle to unclog it. Just a thought.
Sponsored