Warranty question

Ken Ztopolovky

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2dr stingray stick
I would change the oil at 5k. The first oil change should be after the first few thousand miles. It is considered a break in oil change. There will be wear particles in the oil.
When I worked the field for an oilfield company, I was in charge of a fleet of industrial engines among other things.
I had routine oil analysis performed on all of the engines and other equipment.

An oil analysis on a new engine would always flag high metal content and sometimes a few other things.
So yes, do your new Jeep engine a favor and change the oil at 5K the first time.

I change the oil on my vehicles and other toys myself as well. The suggestion above about documenting the oil change and saving receipts is a good one.

If the vehicle is new, I often let the dealer do the first oil change so that it is documented by them just in case.
If you keep a journal on the Jeep. Make sure that you note that the dealer did the oil change along with the date & mileage.
I wouldn't trust the dealer actually did the oil change . FCA claims there is no need for an early oil change but I always do one with a new car . I did mine at 1300 miles and now I am doing it when the oild change indicator reaches about 80 % but that's of course very personal decision and doing it at the computer suggested time is probably just fine.
Sponsored

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JL Sport 6sp, Silver 2D Soft Top d(^_^)b
I wouldn't trust the dealer actually did the oil change . FCA claims there is no need for an early oil change but I always do one with a new car . I did mine at 1300 miles and now I am doing it when the oild change indicator reaches about 80 % but that's of
My 23 2 door sport 3.6 is at 1300 as well and definitely going to do an early first oil change.
Got me a oil change bundle from Advance Auto Parts
Was wondering about this warranty question so found this thread on google. Thanks for the info y'all.

Jeep Wick

First Name
Wick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 High Tide
Occupation
Mechanic
Someone mentioned logging oil changes on carfax... I did that. To my surprise, it does not show up on the actual carfax. I traded my 20 and got a good value with no proof of service. I did log everything in the owner's manual though, I think the new owner will appreciate that.
Sponsored