First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I had a 2018 Sport S with the 7” screen and Alpine stereo, and recently got a 2021 Rubicon 4xe, which comes with the 8.4” screen and also the Alpine stereo.

In my old Jeep, I had a conscious cutoff of volume 15, because that to me was bordering on “too loud” and if I turned it up past that I’d have a big headache later that day. However in my new Jeep, 15 is barely audible on the freeway.

Is there a “gain” setting to turn up to level out the volume, or is the 8.4” just less loud? Or something else? Anyone notice this? It’s all based on my iPhone streaming music via the USB-C Jack on the dash in both Jeeps (no changes to the iPhone)
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Is there a “gain” setting
No.

or is the 8.4” just less loud?
I had a 7" that came with my JL. Swapped it out for an 8.4". Yes, the volume is slightly lower overall with the 8.4". I have no idea why. Sound quality is the same, just need to turn volume slightly higher on the 8.4.

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
I had a 2018 Sport S with the 7” screen and Alpine stereo, and recently got a 2021 Rubicon 4xe, which comes with the 8.4” screen and also the Alpine stereo.

In my old Jeep, I had a conscious cutoff of volume 15, because that to me was bordering on “too loud” and if I turned it up past that I’d have a big headache later that day. However in my new Jeep, 15 is barely audible on the freeway.

Is there a “gain” setting to turn up to level out the volume, or is the 8.4” just less loud? Or something else? Anyone notice this? It’s all based on my iPhone streaming music via the USB-C Jack on the dash in both Jeeps (no changes to the iPhone)
Go into Audio control and max out the equalizer (Bass, Mid, Treble) to bump up the volume. Also, there an option there to increase the volume automatically with speed ... set that to 3 (max). That should help.
Sponsored