V8 swap

boston3111

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys JLU
Looking into swapping out my 3.6 e-torque for a 392 hemi. Looking to see if anyone has done any e-torque swaps and if any issues have popped up.

Pic of current build!

1F1F4204-38A4-4F5F-831A-FCD8923231C4.jpeg
Sponsored

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Looking into swapping out my 3.6 e-torque for a 392 hemi. Looking to see if anyone has done any e-torque swaps and if any issues have popped up.

Pic of current build!

Jeep Wrangler JL V8 swap 1F1F4204-38A4-4F5F-831A-FCD8923231C4
RubiTrux has done a ton of hemi conversions. I emailed them specifically to see if they have done any swaps on an eTorque and they said they do them all the time with no issues.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
RubiTrux has done a ton of hemi conversions. I emailed them specifically to see if they have done any swaps on an eTorque and they said they do them all the time with no issues.
Are they keeping the etorque or removing the whole system? If they are using an etorque system, it is likely sourced from a 5.7L ram but that just seems like unnecessary cost and complexity. Jeep didn't bother with etorque on the 392...

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Are they keeping the etorque or removing the whole system? If they are using an etorque system, it is likely sourced from a 5.7L ram but that just seems like unnecessary cost and complexity. Jeep didn't bother with etorque on the 392...
that I don’t know. I just know that I want to do a swap on my 3.6 eTorque once it’s paid off, so I wanted to check with them if the eTorque would prevent that. I would assume, though, that it would remove the eTorque system completely and run the alternator from the hemi instead of the belt driven motor generator from the eTorque.

RubiTrux

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RubiTrux.com
Vehicle(s)
Custom Wrangler & Gladiator Builder
I wanted to check with them if the eTorque would prevent that. I would assume, though, that it would remove the eTorque system completely and run the alternator from the hemi instead of the belt driven motor generator from the eTorque.
That's exactly what we do! Never had a problem removing the eTorque system. Give us a call anytime and we can discuss what we do and answer any and all of your questions. 828-528-3650

You can also @ us on here with any of your questions.

@boston3111

OP
OP
boston3111

boston3111

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys JLU
Awesome. I'll check into them and see whats up. From what my local shop said, all of the e-torque parts come off the jeep.
Sponsored