Ursa Minor?

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho JLUR - AEV Build
I ordered mine in early November and I SHOULD be getting it early August.
Confirm that they still do painted tops. I didn't look hard, but I remember seeing black textured or white.
I spoke with John and he stated they no longer offer the full body color matching on the lower portion, only the black textured finish. He stated the reason for this is due to difficulty with getting it done with their painting vendor in a timely manner. They do still offer the color match on the roof shell for $1,200. Definitely the option I would go with on the Nacho. Based off the current lead time, if I were to order by the end of next month I would have it in time for my birthday next year. Sounds like a good gift to myself.
Sponsored

Twowheels19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 GMC Sierra 8.1, ā€˜22 JLURD
I am from around just east of Lancaster, Pa if you want to check mine out in person
Hi Kirk,
Would I be able to take you up on that offer? Iā€™m just east of you in Chester County. Iā€™m seriously considering placing an order for one but would like to see it in person and talk to you about your experience with it. Let me know your thoughts please. Thanks.

Kirk

Threads
Reaction score
Hi Kirk,
Would I be able to take you up on that offer? Iā€™m just east of you in Chester County. Iā€™m seriously considering placing an order for one but would like to see it in person and talk to you about your experience with it. Let me know your thoughts please. Thanks.
Absolutely! Just let me know when and where you would like to meet up!

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Long time owner on my JK and just ordered my second top for the JL. We've camped hundreds of night all around the southwest and Baja, its by far the best mod for a jeep IMHO, the Ursa had 80K miles on top of the jeep and held up great..
I sold the JK as a turn keep rig and the new owner loves it. I can say after years of use it still looked new and so many of those miles were using it off road.
IMG_3911-1.jpg
I meant to ask, with all those nights spent in it did you ever upgrade the 2" mattress to something thicker? Reason I ask is my wife has a bad back and we were considering doing the 3" mattress they recently announced as part of our build. Did you ever put a condensation mat down, or was it even necessary? Thanks!

Sponsored

Don_TLR

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XR
I didn't upgrade the foam but am definitely going with the thicker 3" now they are offering it.
We would always put down something over the padding when it wasn't too hot for sleeping. A sheet at a minimum and typically one of those cotton sleeping bag that can zip together so two people can be in it. Maybe the little extra helped but just being out was enough to overcome the slight discomfort of the padding.

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't upgrade the foam but am definitely going with the thicker 3" now they are offering it.
We would always put down something over the padding when it wasn't too hot for sleeping. A sheet at a minimum and typically one of those cotton sleeping bag that can zip together so two people can be in it. Maybe the little extra helped but just being out was enough to overcome the slight discomfort of the padding.
Any rough day in the woods is better than a happy day at the office? Or something like that haha. I think I will do the same and spring for the 3" mattress. I need to call them again and talk through the details of all of this. I have my build sorted out I just need to ask on the mattress as I wouldn't have the need for the 2" at that point. Not sure I can swap them and pay the upcharge. I will report back on that.

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I appreciate the info Don. I will look into that!

Bohica

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
Anyone receive their UM recently and if so when did you order...trying to project installation date for my mid-May order. TIA.

Sponsored

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still wondering if anyone here has received one. Still on my short wish list of items.

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry about that, I wasn't clear. I meant as in the lead time and how long its been taking.
Sponsored