Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey there,

I said i would bring up the results in my meeting, No decision was promised, this is about my pay-grade to decide ;)

I am still updating our team here weekly, as soon as i know something i will let you all know!.

CassieAtbestop

@BestopTeam Cassie was suppose to be in a meeting on 6/3 regarding if/when the retractable sunshade for the JL was a go, and if so when.

Has anyone heard any news?

Thanks.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Apparently Besttop is reluctant to make $, weird

Why offer a sought-after product for the latest version (JL) of your core market (Wranglers)? You're right, it makes no sense. Perhaps best to start R&D on replacement tops for that '79 LeCar my friend had in high school .....

.....come to think of it, the LeCars basically had a factory SunRider....that just hit me.

ad_renault1978.jpg

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

Why offer a sought-after product for the latest version (JL) of your core market (Wranglers)? You're right, it makes no sense. Perhaps best to start R&D on replacement tops for that '79 LeCar my friend had in high school .....

.....come to think of it, the LeCars basically had a factory SunRider....that just hit me.

ad_renault1978.jpg
Perhaps they have solve all the quality issues on the existing products first....

Sponsored

GrauGeist

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hey there,

I said i would bring up the results in my meeting, No decision was promised, this is about my pay-grade to decide ;)

I am still updating our team here weekly, as soon as i know something i will let you all know!.

CassieAtbestop
Thank you!! Keep bringing the updates!

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase

ad_renault1978.jpg

I think there is a lot more to it than that. There can be a multitude of issues. Production capacity at the manufacturer, personnel resources, design issues, and conflicting timelines with other products can all contribute to delays. All of those things could indeed be above Cassie's pay grade.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
All that said, until Bestop gives us some actual information, IMO it’s vaporware. The fact that they haven’t been forthcoming with info doesn’t bode well.

Same could be said abut AEV’s bumpers and some other products that were introduced at SEMA.

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
All that said, until Bestop gives us some actual information, IMO it’s vaporware. The fact that they haven’t been forthcoming with info doesn’t bode well.

Same could be said abut AEV’s bumpers and some other products that were introduced at SEMA.
Still no information.

AEV bumpers latest rumor is release in January of 2020. No rumor on Bestop but I plan to stop by the shop today after work to dig a bit. :computerrage:

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Still no information.

AEV bumpers latest rumor is release in January of 2020. No rumor on Bestop but I plan to stop by the shop today after work to dig a bit. :computerrage:
IMO, you can’t count on anything AEV says. They originally told everyone the bumpers would be available last spring.