UConnect Navigation versus Google Maps

jjc

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not yet
I suspect I know the answer, but I’d like to hear how the UConnect/Garmin navigation compares with Google Maps. Does the traffic data help? Does it have any smart navigation capabilities?
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I had Uconnect NAV on my Compass and now have just google maps working thru CarPlay and have not had any issues but there are limitations but no wrong directions.

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Google maps is worthless in the mountains where I go fishing or areas with shoddy cell coverage. Otherwise Google or Apple maps would be fine.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I like the Uconnect nav on the highway. It gives much more information and communicates turns and lanes better. I also like being able to go full screen. It is easy to find food or hotels, too. I also like Waze, as it communicates police (I don't speed, but I still like this) hazards, wrecks, and traffice very well. That said, I've entered the location of police, but I haven't seen it show where others have reported them yet. I've only been using it for a couple weeks, though, and haven't taken a long trip using it. For whatever reason, Waze only recently started working for me with Android Auto. It had problems pinpointing location prior to what I'm guessing was a recent update.
Sponsored