Uconnect Apps?

bam1111

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Just curious what’s wrong with CarPlay. I actually like it. The Siri integration seems pretty solid, maps works pretty good, iTunes works pretty good when asking Siri to play an artist / song. I do wish Waze was one of the available apps though.
I don’t use maps or iTunes. I use Spotify for music and that works fine but I use Waze and other apps which apple CarPlay doesn’t recognize. The interaction problem results from attempting to listen to Sirius or using the onboard navigation and with CarPlay. Every time CarPlay attempts to take over command of the head unit, it kills Siri’s and/or the navigation screen and then it defaults to iTunes. Going back to Sirius usually works but sometimes it will connect back to Sirius but not have sound. Unplugging the phone will restore it.
I have an iphoneX so I don’t know if the problem is my phone, uconnect or both. It works best if I connect my phone through Bluetooth. I’m still playing with this for I have only had the Jeep for a few weeks. But at the moment I’m in a constant tug of war between the keeping apps activated in uconnect everytine CarPlay is activated due to a phone call, a message or Waze talking.
Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I have been absolutely underwhelmed with the interaction between uconnect and apple carplay. I don't know who's fault it is but it sucks.
I have heard the same thing and it was pretty sucky when i tried it on a colorado so i am seriously thinking of switching to an android phone. But i don't know how well the android will work with my Imac for pictures on Iphoto. Nor do I know which android to get Suggeststions. thanks

Sloxkhart98

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangjer JL Rubicon
I don’t use maps or iTunes. I use Spotify for music and that works fine but I use Waze and other apps which apple CarPlay doesn’t recognize. The interaction problem results from attempting to listen to Sirius or using the onboard navigation and with CarPlay. Every time CarPlay attempts to take over command of the head unit, it kills Siri’s and/or the navigation screen and then it defaults to iTunes. Going back to Sirius usually works but sometimes it will connect back to Sirius but not have sound. Unplugging the phone will restore it.
I have an iphoneX so I don’t know if the problem is my phone, uconnect or both. It works best if I connect my phone through Bluetooth. I’m still playing with this for I have only had the Jeep for a few weeks. But at the moment I’m in a constant tug of war between the keeping apps activated in uconnect everytine CarPlay is activated due to a phone call, a message or Waze talking.
Barry, check your iOS version. I know exactly what you are talking about. I have the iPhone X as well and I do remember those same issues. My issue was every time Waze would announce or someone texted me I lost my Sirius. It happened right when I got my Jeep. I can’t remember when I updated to iOS 11.2.6, late February I think, I haven’t had that issue again (yet). But I was just looking at some news about iOS 11.2.6 and apparently that release broke something else. But I haven’t had any issues

bam1111

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Barry, check your iOS version. I know exactly what you are talking about. I have the iPhone X as well and I do remember those same issues. My issue was every time Waze would announce or someone texted me I lost my Sirius. It happened right when I got my Jeep. I can’t remember when I updated to iOS 11.2.6, late February I think, I haven’t had that issue again (yet). But I was just looking at some news about iOS 11.2.6 and apparently that release broke something else. But I haven’t had any issues
I'm running iOS 11.2.6. Maybe there is a setting that the system doesn't like. I'll continue to play around with it as it sounds like there is some hope it will cooperate.

Sloxkhart98

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangjer JL Rubicon
I'm running iOS 11.2.6. Maybe there is a setting that the system doesn't like. I'll continue to play around with it as it sounds like there is some hope it will cooperate.
I’ll play around too tomorrow and see if I can break it.

Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
OPEN SOURCE UCONNECT. The company clearly doesn't use their own product. I cannot even come CLOSE to telling you how much I loathe this company and their product. I have opened now more than 20 bug reports on UConnect and they could not care less.
For as flawed as it is, it's still the best OEM system out there. I have never understood why auto manufacturers just cannot seem to get these things right, but FCA has come pretty damn close.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Imagine how bad the other car makers systems are when Uconnect almost always comes 1st in reviews I've read.
Pandora works very nice with Android auto, btw. It's not my go to for music, but great to have if needed.

BillArnett

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
For as flawed as it is, it's still the best OEM system out there. I have never understood why auto manufacturers just cannot seem to get these things right, but FCA has come pretty damn close.
If you ever get a chance to drive a Tesla you'll be totally spoiled for anything else. Its 17" screen makes everything else look like a toy.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
If you ever get a chance to drive a Tesla you'll be totally spoiled for anything else. Its 17" screen makes everything else look like a toy.
Just what we need, more distractions inside the vehicle....

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
OPEN SOURCE UCONNECT. The company clearly doesn't use their own product. I cannot even come CLOSE to telling you how much I loathe this company and their product. I have opened now more than 20 bug reports on UConnect and they could not care less.
Do any other manufactures have an Open Source Unit? I would guess no because having open source would lead to probably a security nightmare as far as bugs and viruses that now they have to create more and more patches than it is probably worth. I dont have any time behind the UConnect on the JL but I have had time with it on my sisters 17 Cherokee. There are lots that can be done to make it better and Just like all manufactures it has its flaws but as time passes they all get better.

I just dont know how long Apple continues to limit the app usage on its apple car play. I think everyone is in consensus that apple maps blows compared to google.

In my opinion I think Toyota has the worst system of all Entune or what ever it was is complete Shit!! I had it on my Tacoma and wanted to rip that sucker out every time it turned on

Sponsored

Sidewalk

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Resurrecting this...

Is there a way to get Pandora on Uconnect without Android Auto? There is a glitch where you lose the Bluetooth connection when you use AA, but Pandora is the only thing I use AA for. I disabled AA for now.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Resurrecting this...

Is there a way to get Pandora on Uconnect without Android Auto? There is a glitch where you lose the Bluetooth connection when you use AA, but Pandora is the only thing I use AA for. I disabled AA for now.
Just fire up the app (or site) on your phone, pipe it through UConnect using Bluetooth as the audio source.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't see it on the site or app.
I'm talking about Pandora. Get the Pandora app on your phone (or you can just go to pandora.com), fire it up, stream the audio via BT to your UConnect.

Sidewalk

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
I'm talking about Pandora. Get the Pandora app on your phone (or you can just go to pandora.com), fire it up, stream the audio via BT to your UConnect.
Oh, yeah, that's what I am already doing. I wanted to use Uconnect because I can change channels thumb up/down without using the phone. I don't like touching my phone when I'm driving.

My $100 stereo in my van can do all that, seems silly that Uconnect can't.
Sponsored