Uconnect Apps?

soco2285

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I have the 7” Uconnect system. What Apps should be included?

My Quick Reference Guide says to go to Apps “Activate Services” to enable the mobile app. I don’t have this app. Also I don’t seem to have a Navigation. What Apps do you all have in your Uconnect Apps page?

I have:
Driver Heat
Heated Wheel
Audio Settings
Compass
Psgr Heat
Backup Cam
Climate
Controls
Media
Radio
Apple CarPlay
Settings
Sponsored

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
Subscribed

Jeb22

First Name
Jeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon (White)
With the recent news about Jeep removing the "off road" pages until 2019, is there any info on whether or not they will make it an update for the 2018 models when its available again OR are they going to up the price on the 8.4 unconnect and make the "off road" pages an extra option?? This may be why they were taken off the '18 models or is it the programmers that couldn't make it work. We all know that manufacturers will do whatever they can to get a few more pennies from us. My concern is that it removed the vehicle diagnostics, driveline info. and GPS info. Not so concerned about pitch and roll, I think its a pretty shitty thing to do to a $50,000 vehicle. Going to look at a Rubi today so going to check out what is still on the system.

ArmyCrawler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JL Rubi
Mine does not seem to have Apple CarPlay installed. I plug my iPhone in and it shows up as an audio source in media and I can make calls but I can’t recreate the screen or use maps or text, etc, unless that’s not what it I supposed to do? I’ve never had it before.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Features subject to change! They promised nothing! Be glad the backlight even turns on!

Sponsored

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
Mine does not seem to have Apple CarPlay installed. I plug my iPhone in and it shows up as an audio source in media and I can make calls but I can’t recreate the screen or use maps or text, etc, unless that’s not what it I supposed to do? I’ve never had it before.
I don’t know much about this system but I thought I read that the Apple CarPlay app resides on your own phone, not the UConnect system. So check your phone to see if you have it or download it!

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Don't expect to see a lot of, if any, apps on the Apps page. Previous models of the UConnect 8.4 system used to actually have apps like Pandora, but these have been removed in favor of simply letting the mobile device handle all that. The Apps page is essentially a hub for vehicle settings and really nothing more.

As for Android Auto and Apple Carplay, those are also handled by your mobile device and won't appear as an item until you've got your device physically connected.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Don't expect to see a lot of, if any, apps on the Apps page. Previous models of the UConnect 8.4 system used to actually have apps like Pandora, but these have been removed in favor of simply letting the mobile device handle all that. The Apps page is essentially a hub for vehicle settings and really nothing more.

As for Android Auto and Apple Carplay, those are also handled by your mobile device and won't appear as an item until you've got your device physically connected.
If FCA had any vision they would open up the Uconnect Apps page for 3rd party developers and have and app store to deliver them to your vehicle. Take a 30% cut and even make some money off it.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If FCA had any vision they would open up the Uconnect Apps page for 3rd party developers and have and app store to deliver them to your vehicle. Take a 30% cut and even make some money off it.
I've been thinking the same thing. Android would be the perfect platform for it, too. The only concern would be people making apps that affect vehicle safety features and driving. After all, we saw how well they did securing their platform wirelessly a few years back.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I've been thinking the same thing. Android would be the perfect platform for it, too. The only concern would be people making apps that affect vehicle safety features and driving. After all, we saw how well they did securing their platform wirelessly a few years back.
Couldn't they make the apps "read-only" and wall them off just like they do Android Auto and Apple Car Play?

Sponsored

bam1111

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have been absolutely underwhelmed with the interaction between uconnect and apple carplay. I don't know who's fault it is but it sucks.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couldn't they make the apps "read-only" and wall them off just like they do Android Auto and Apple Car Play?
Of course. But there's always gonna be that one hacker who figures a way around it.

nerp

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
interface.ninja
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Software Architect / Security Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
OPEN SOURCE UCONNECT. The company clearly doesn't use their own product. I cannot even come CLOSE to telling you how much I loathe this company and their product. I have opened now more than 20 bug reports on UConnect and they could not care less.

Sloxkhart98

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangjer JL Rubicon
I have been absolutely underwhelmed with the interaction between uconnect and apple carplay. I don't know who's fault it is but it sucks.
Just curious what’s wrong with CarPlay. I actually like it. The Siri integration seems pretty solid, maps works pretty good, iTunes works pretty good when asking Siri to play an artist / song. I do wish Waze was one of the available apps though.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
OPEN SOURCE UCONNECT. The company clearly doesn't use their own product. I cannot even come CLOSE to telling you how much I loathe this company and their product. I have opened now more than 20 bug reports on UConnect and they could not care less.
Imagine how bad the other car makers systems are when Uconnect almost always comes 1st in reviews I've read.
Sponsored