Uconnect and iOS App

hockey523

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Audi S5, '18 JLU Rubicon, '05 TJ Sport
Anyone been successful in getting Uconnect working on the iOS app? Apparently my vin is not ‘linked’ and they sent it to the help desk more than two weeks ago. Must be 100,000 missed vin’s to update I guess.
I know it isn’t worth it but what the hell, it’s part of what I bought.
Sponsored

wesbowhunts

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
mine didnt work when i first dl it but just checked and its working now.

bwally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Hey everyone. Quick question. My Jeep is on order and I have never used Uconnect. Does it have an internal hard drive to upload music or will it always need to be connected via Bluetooth for music? Sorry if this isn’t the right thread. Thanks in advance

OP
OP
hockey523

hockey523

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey everyone. Quick question. My Jeep is on order and I have never used Uconnect. Does it have an internal hard drive to upload music or will it always need to be connected via Bluetooth for music? Sorry if this isn’t the right thread. Thanks in advance
Put songs on a USB stick and plug it in. Keep it in the center console USB input and its out of the way.

Sponsored

dave.j.fisher

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Put songs on a USB stick and plug it in. Keep it in the center console USB input and its out of the way.
Honestly, I don't store music on my iPhone...but he/she shouldn't have to move music to a usb stick, right? I would think you just have to connect your phone, open the apple app, and click music...just go from there. It does bother me that carplay and android auto require the phone to be physically connected rather than just played through blue tooth...

OP
OP
hockey523

hockey523

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honestly, I don't store music on my iPhone...but he/she shouldn't have to move music to a usb stick, right? I would think you just have to connect your phone, open the apple app, and click music...just go from there. It does bother me that carplay and android auto require the phone to be physically connected rather than just played through blue tooth...
Correct. OP seemed to want to upload something so that's why i mentioned the USB stick.

Therealjakedatz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black 2" MOPAR Lift, 18X9.5 Vision Raptor wheels wrapped in 37X13.5R18 Toyo Open Country RT's, ROAM Side Steps
Anyone been successful in getting Uconnect working on the iOS app? Apparently my vin is not ‘linked’ and they sent it to the help desk more than two weeks ago. Must be 100,000 missed vin’s to update I guess.
I know it isn’t worth it but what the hell, it’s part of what I bought.
What error message do you get? I also have a ticket in with Uconnect/Serius Guardian. I get an unlock/lock/remote start failed error when I try those respective actions.

OP
OP
hockey523

hockey523

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What error message do you get? I also have a ticket in with Uconnect/Serius Guardian. I get an unlock/lock/remote start failed error when I try those respective actions.
No error message. There was no vehicle associated to the account so the app displayed nothing. Problem was in the Uconnect system with a synchronization process of VIN's. They resolved it last Friday and everything is functioning correctly at the moment. It took 3 weeks+ to get that resolved - longer than it took to build and deliver the actual Jeep.

Therealjakedatz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black 2" MOPAR Lift, 18X9.5 Vision Raptor wheels wrapped in 37X13.5R18 Toyo Open Country RT's, ROAM Side Steps
No error message. There was no vehicle associated to the account so the app displayed nothing. Problem was in the Uconnect system with a synchronization process of VIN's. They resolved it last Friday and everything is functioning correctly at the moment. It took 3 weeks+ to get that resolved - longer than it took to build and deliver the actual Jeep.
Jealous! Mine still just fails every time I try it.
Sponsored