Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Ocean Blue Sahara
Occupation
Computers
I have a 2018 Sarah JLU
Has anyone done the "DriveUConnect bulletin ID: 08-001-19" release date 2019-05-15. I have done the down load to a thumb drive.
I contacted them and was told that the Sandisk drives ARE NOT compatible with the program. I used a PNY drive. They also stated that there should be no issues and it would take about 30 min to install. The engine must be running during the process.
After a new contact to UConnect I was told that the JL could NOT be driven during update process. Just have to let it sit and run.
Sponsored

Last edited:

AnARcHy

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sahara, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, 1990 Toyota Truck, 1998 FLSTC
Occupation
Firefighter
I have a 2018 Sarah JLU
Has anyone done the "DriveUConnect bulletin ID: 08-001-19" release date 2019-05-15. I have done the down load to a thumb drive.
I contacted them and was told that the Sandisk drives ARE NOT compatible with the program. I used a PNY drive. They also stated that there should be no issues and it would take about 30 min to install. The engine must be running during the process.
I have a 2018 JLU also, but purchased it used. I checked my VIN, and apparently mine is up to date. If it’s going to take you 30 minutes when the engine is running, I certainly hope that you can do it while driving. Seems like a long time to let the engine idle.

Grooster

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Cherokee Latitude
Occupation
IT Director
FCA sent me a flash drive with a UConnect update for my wife's 2016 Cherokee. It was a fairly straightforward process to complete. Yes, you do have to have the car running, outside. They did not recommend driving but to remain parked with the engine running. It did not take the full 20 minutes. The enclosed instructions were far better than say the instructions you get with the factory hardtop headliner package. No questions, just follow the instructions and you're good.

The drive uconnect website will tell you if your Jeep needs an update. You do need your VIN handy to begin the process.

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I have a 2019 Sahara and according to the website I was up to date, but the dealer said there was an update and installed it Friday. They said that it supposedly fixes a GPS time issue and the two volume issues.

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
I dealer did mine in July last year, it took 6 hours to update. I received my off-road pages after so I guess it was worth it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GOOFY47

GOOFY47

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Ocean Blue Sahara
Occupation
Computers
After a new contact to UConnect I was told that the JL could NOT be driven during update process. Just have to let it sit and run.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
The instructions say to do this update with the ignition OFF:

https://rsur.download.chrysler.com/..._=1580760434_ee37aa58bf6e58352f97bf18a35ce46d

To wit:

Screenshot 110.png

I plugged my VIN into https://www.driveuconnect.com/ and it says that this update is available to me:

SERVICE BULLETIN ID:08-001-19
RELEASE DATE:2019-05-15​

I have experienced some of the symptoms from time to time, so I think I'll give this a shot. I'm going to follow the written instructions. I wouldn't trust phone support...

EDIT: It seems the written instructions may be incorrect. Color me shocked! JL will turn itself off after 20 minutes if left in the Run position with the engine off. This video confirms what you were told on the phone, that the engine must be running. I'm going to update mine, today.

Last edited:

blrhard

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jepp Wrangler JLU
I have a 2018 Sarah JLU
I just finished the update. I installed an 8.4 from another JLU and didnt have the vin. I searched car fax and found a Vin that needed the update. Downloaded to thumb drive and installed it.Worked perfect.
Sponsored