Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Rubicon XR
Jeep tech - “it’s the MGU - the motor generator unit / main hybrid controller

me - so are talking weeks or months?

Tech - I honestly don’t know. Part is on backorder

me - FFFFF.”

Thankfully they provided me a loaner. I called Jeep Cares yesterday, and was given a case number. The connection was not good, and I think she said something about June 19th. That’s five more weeks. Hard to believe any sort of commitment by Jeep into supporting this drivetrain.

The one good thing -it appears that I can sell it for almost what I paid, assuming nothing major tanks in the used car market before my new 3.6L JLUR arrives.
Sponsored

Jim1964

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I would try to use email to communicate with them to both avoid misunderstandings as well as have proof of what was stated or promised later on in case things go from bad to worse. Expect them to resist this, as verbal comms are easily denied or claimed to be in error; which is why it’s part of their playbook to use that medium.

Lemon laws generally give you some options if repair times are unreasonable; however financially that’s no doubt going to be less attractive than trading or selling a functioning vehicle.

It’s a bit late, but you might try making friends with the parts person at the dealership. That’s one relationship I always cultivate, more so than any salesman. A good parts person can make the difference, if/when they want to.

OP
OP

2manyhobbies

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Rubicon XR
Finally got an ETA on the part in question. June 19.

OP
OP

2manyhobbies

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Rubicon XR
Four weeks down as of today. With another 4 expected. Folks - if you are considering the 4XE, know that you are taking a gamble that doesn’t need to be taken. And Jeep Cares is a joke. I called them a few weeks ago, and had someone who was supposed to be following up with me - and I have not heard a thing.

Honestly ,the only reason I ordered a 3.6L JL is because the JKs are so damn expensive. And I could never drive a Bronco…

BeachPilot74

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR, 2013 F-F150
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Four weeks down as of today. With another 4 expected. Folks - if you are considering the 4XE, know that you are taking a gamble that doesn’t need to be taken. And Jeep Cares is a joke. I called them a few weeks ago, and had someone who was supposed to be following up with me - and I have not heard a thing.

Honestly ,the only reason I ordered a 3.6L JL is because the JKs are so damn expensive. And I could never drive a Bronco…
One of the main reasons I will never own a Full EV or Hybrid! And the 4XE has had a huge amount of problems. I will burn that Fossil Fuel all day long every day of the week!

Sponsored

OP
OP

2manyhobbies

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Rubicon XR
Update - June 5, and the Jeep is still down. My 4XE has been at the dealer since April 26. When I asked last week about the part update, there appeared to be good news, and the part might come in this week.

Just sharing my experience with you all. I am currently in lemon law territory (unable to be repaired for 30 days), but I still believe I can get more selling it on the used car market versus a buyback. If my new 3.6L Jeep were here already, and Iwanted the cash, I probably would go the lemon law route. $60k on a new car is too much to spend to not get it repaired in over a month.

OP
OP

2manyhobbies

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Rubicon XR
The good news - the part arrived yesterday.

The bad news - the dealer tells me it will not be repaired until the end of NEXT week.

You simply cannot imagine how disappointing this is. My 4XE has been a complete piece of garbage.

Bmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2012 JK, 2011 WK2 5.7
If you bought instead of leased, I'd stick it out and push for Jeep to give you the maximum Mopar MaxCare warranty in lieu of you pursuing lemon law. It will cost them a LOT less and benefit you a LOT more, IMHO.

Sponsored

OP
OP

2manyhobbies

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Rubicon XR
I called the Jeep customer support team on Tuesday, and told them they are about to lose a customer of 30 years. I am honestly at a point of canceling my current open order for this Jeeps replacement, forcing a buyback on this one, and just buying a tundra or F150.

I filed a lemon law case Tuesday night via the NCDS website. Got confirmation that I potentially have a valid claim for a buyback. Submitted the service records and chronology, and have been told I will have my requested live hearing. The offer from Jeep will be non binding for me.

I did get a call from one of the Jeep escalations team members. She was going to “look into my situation.” I was told options will likely include cash compensation, a trade in option, or a buyback. I’m not holding my breath - unless they can expedite my JLUR with a 3.6 (which has not even been scheduled since ordering on 4/29).

OP
OP

2manyhobbies

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Rubicon XR
64 days.

Got a text that my Jeep was ready today. Went and picked it up around 2pm. Drove it around (had no charge)under ICE only, and all seemed well. Charged it at home, and ran 15 miles of errands, and it does appear to be fixed for now.

The technician told me that they replaced the PIM. I’m not sure if the MGU was replaced, or if the PIM was in lieu of the MGU. And I don’t really care. I don’t trust the Jeep, and will be anxious on any out of town trips with it until my new 3.6 JLUR is delivered, and the 4XE goes to its new owner.

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Glad it was fixed for you, I just let my lemon law timeframe expire, thinking I made a mistake. Most fun vehicle I’ve ever owned. I’m not even mad about problems on a new model… I am mad about the service and dealer network that doesn’t give a Sh!t about a customer
Sponsored