Sponsored

Trail Hero 10/6/20

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Anyone signed up besides me. My first time for this event but it will be my 2nd time at Sand Hollow for events. I kinda like the fact that many trails are within a small area, mini Moab if you will. I love the vastness of Moab BTW. I have attended Hammers and TDS and rate the Sand Hollow area higher.
https://www.thetrailhero.com
Sponsored

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
Sand Hollow is a blast. I went there for a day on the way back from Moab last January after. We only did the Maze and Double Sammy (where my profile pic was taken). I definitely want to go back there again. So much fun stuff, but also so much we didn't get to see.

The locals I was wheeling with didn't seem to care much for the "For profit" Trail Hero events, and I'd guess I'm not one much for paid events, so I likely wouldn't participate in that.

OP
OP
sourdough

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I was out to Trail Heros @ Sand Hollow, Utah this Tuesday. I couldn't bring myself to stay for the weeks event. I just spent the previous week in Colorado and Utah's high country social distancing. Socializing at the event just didn't seem right with reports of Covid-19 being aerosolized. My $200 non-refundable registration event fee turn into a charity donation.
update: looks like I made the right choice....
https://kutv.com/news/local/oct-8-data-1501-new-cases-as-utahs-covid-19-death-toll-tops-500

Last edited:

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
I was out to Trail Heros @ Sand Hollow, Utah this Tuesday. I couldn't bring myself to stay for the weeks event. I just spent the previous week in Colorado and Utah's high country social distancing. Socializing at the event just didn't seem right with reports of Covid-19 being aerosolized. My $200 non-refundable registration event fee turn into a charity donation.
That is completely understandable. I'd have had a hard time with that as well, especially if I were in the same situation having just been social distancing elsewhere. Still a bummer, though, but there will be more events in the future, and Sand Hollow will always be there.
Sponsored