Sponsored

Totally dead, nothing, no power

Smess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Electric 4-banger turbo
Hooked up to RV and made two previous stops and no problems. Third stop unhooked and no power, none zero nothing. Plug in to the RV generator, nothing. Anyone have any ideas? I have checked all the obvious stuff but I am looking for a main fuse that might effect everything behind it.

I am in the middle of the mountains so no tow trucks for hours, I am on my own but traveling with my brother in another bus so I have help and some tools.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Unfortunately my son was listening to his music with his ear buds in and when he was moving his head and I thought he was saying yes to me asking if the jumper cables were in the bus or still in the boat, he was head dancing to music not saying yes we have the cables.

Please just help and information, I know I can call Jeep and wait until tomorrow before someone might come. Luckily I have cell signal to even post this and you all to help because of course the dealer gives me vm and just suggests a tow truck.

Sorry if I sound short but the wife won't stop bitching, I suggested we take old faithful JK and she insisted that we take the new fancier Jeep that I dont have enough hours under my belt with yet to even understand how this goofy system works. And my neighbor who is watching my house and dogs who forgot more about Jeeps while drinking coffee this morning than most people will ever know is texting saying I told you to buy the diesel. Not the time for her or him.

Thanks in advance!!

EF06264F-66AE-4844-B426-DB42E1FCD88A.jpeg
Sponsored

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
did you happen to be charging and order have anything plugged into the jeep charging overnight? or any dash cams wired in?

MaskedRacerX

First Name
DT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
I'm not following the RV and the hooking/unhooking. You're towing an RV camper, or you're towing the Jeep with an RV[?]

So no lights, no dash displays, no chimes?

OP
OP
Smess

Smess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
did you happen to be charging and order have anything plugged into the jeep charging overnight? or any dash cams wired in?
No sir, only thing plugged in is the wire that lights the brakes and turns and heads which uses the RV's power. I have been towing since yesterday morning non stop and yes have gone that long before without problem

OP
OP
Smess

Smess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not following the RV and the hooking/unhooking. You're towing an RV camper, or you're towing the Jeep with an RV[?]

So no lights, no dash displays, no chimes?
Sorry, diesel pusher pulling Jeep with blue ox, Jeep drivetrain in neutral, keyless ignition which I turn off like I am going to lock and go and then plug in cord from rv to front of jeep a plug mounted that runs to lights so only the actual bulbs in Jeep are doing anything. Jeep is not providing power for anything.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Smess

Smess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is a main battery under the battery I can see under hood that you get to through fender? All JL's have two regardless of what motor they have? Has nothing to do with it being a hybrid?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
There is a main battery under the battery I can see under hood that you get to through fender? All JL's have two regardless of what motor they have? Has nothing to do with it being a hybrid?
the battery in the fender well is an Aux, I’m sure you’ll need to have your aux and main battery warrantied (or replace both) if it won’t start off a jumpstart a good known attempt (not the way it shows in your profile picture with two jumpstart packs connected to it. If it doesn’t start and comes down to battery being bad the aux 9/10 will also be done for. Not an uncommon problem with the JLs

OP
OP
Smess

Smess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the battery in the fender well is an Aux, I’m sure you’ll need to have your aux and main battery warrantied (or replace both) if it won’t start off a jumpstart a good known attempt (not the way it shows in your profile picture with two jumpstart packs connected to it. If it doesn’t start and comes down to battery being bad the aux 9/10 will also be done for. Not an uncommon problem with the JLs
thank you!!!! ended up there was a dealer 20 mins away we were not aware of. We took my brothers Jeep there and they just told us pretty much what you just said so we are towing one Jeep with other with a tow strap, one of the pleasures of being in a remote area.

What do you mean in your last sentence about aux 9/10?

Sponsored

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
thank you!!!! ended up there was a dealer 20 mins away we were not aware of. We took my brothers Jeep there and they just told us pretty much what you just said so we are towing one Jeep with other with a tow strap, one of the pleasures of being in a remote area.

“9 times out of 10…”

OP
OP
Smess

Smess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
“9 times out of 10…”
Oh sorry I get it now but I missed the link posted earlier about the flat toe, does that say that whatever the RV guy hooked up for the lights for the flat toe has to be Mopar or this could happen again?

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Oh sorry I get it now but I missed the link posted earlier about the flat toe, does that say that whatever the RV guy hooked up for the lights for the flat toe has to be Mopar or this could happen again?
Click the link and read it’s a long read, however some good info

OP
OP
Smess

Smess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Click the link and read it’s a long read, however some good info
Cool Tech my neighbor told me about as he had that. Do I need their harness or Mopar? The RV guy might have used old school stuff since he is old school?

Sorry I have been driving for two days and barely slept I am seeing double.

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....

Sorry to hear, but please let us know what happened.

i am getting set to tow my 4xe for the first time in 8 days. (I have the mopar flat tow harness)
Sponsored