Top swap

Georgew48

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
swapped out the hard top for the soft top on my Rubi today. Taking the hard top off was a piece of cake with the scaffold. Putting the soft top on for the first time was a real pain in the rear. Not sure I like the way the windows go on, I think I prefer the zippers that my 2000 Shara had. Maybe after it stretches out a little it will operate easier, it was really stiff and the weather was warm so that wasn’t the problem.
Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
swapped out the hard top for the soft top on my Rubi today. Taking the hard top off was a piece of cake with the scaffold. Putting the soft top on for the first time was a real pain in the rear. Not sure I like the way the windows go on, I think I prefer the zippers that my 2000 Shara had. Maybe after it stretches out a little it will operate easier, it was really stiff and the weather was warm so that wasn’t the problem.
After you go off and on with them a few times and give the fabric time to stretch it gets easier. If you're anything like me you'll get a routine of doing it your own way (I do it slightly different than most videos out there) and it's not so bad.

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
I'm a soft top only guy. First time I pulled that back window was when I needed to access the back. In January. Man, I needed a crow bar to get those clips off. Now that I've done it a few dozen times, it's a lot easier. Still snug enough to keep the water out, but easy to remove by hand.

It's tight the first few times, and works for years afterward. A worthwhile tradeoff.
Sponsored