Soft top to hardtop swap

Alan66

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler four door Willy’s and 2995 yj too gr
Okay so I have a 2020 JL willys that came with a soft top and I have since put on a hardtop with the hard removable “t tops”
Only problem is my jeep doesn’t have the pieces above the rear view mirror and by the door light to swivel the connectors into and I can’t figure out what they are called to order from jeep and my local dealership service crew … well let’s put it this way…. I am done paying for there education on jeeps
Any help out there?
Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
OP
OP

Alan66

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler four door Willy’s and 2995 yj too gr
Thank you very much. Appreciate your help

Rssazn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU, Grand Cherokee L, BMW M5
Okay so I have a 2020 JL willys that came with a soft top and I have since put on a hardtop with the hard removable “t tops”
Only problem is my jeep doesn’t have the pieces above the rear view mirror and by the door light to swivel the connectors into and I can’t figure out what they are called to order from jeep and my local dealership service crew … well let’s put it this way…. I am done paying for there education on jeeps
Any help out there?
Curious and wanting to do the same, what did you have to remove and add to swapping soft to hard? is it as simple as just taking of the soft top rail system and plop the hard top on? or is there suppose to be another rail system for hard top?

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Curious and wanting to do the same, what did you have to remove and add to swapping soft to hard? is it as simple as just taking of the soft top rail system and plop the hard top on? or is there suppose to be another rail system for hard top?
See my post above, you will need the Freedom panel brackets above the rear view mirror and the brackets by the dome light in the rollbar. You will have to loosen the plastic trim pieces to install the brackets.
Gregj

Rssazn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU, Grand Cherokee L, BMW M5
See my post above, you will need the Freedom panel brackets above the rear view mirror and the brackets by the dome light in the rollbar. You will have to loosen the plastic trim pieces to install the brackets.
Gregj
Thanks mate, it's just hard to believe that installing hard top is that simple, especially since I don't plan to add the defroster/wiper.
Sponsored