Took the windshield down. (Pics)

Vesper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
I couldn’t get my wiper arms off to do this. I’ve ordered a wiper arm removal tool off amazon. Excited to try it out again when the weather is nice.
Sponsored

Belaire23

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I couldn’t get my wiper arms off to do this. I’ve ordered a wiper arm removal tool off amazon. Excited to try it out again when the weather is nice.
I had the same issue and got a removal tool from amazon as well. Felt a little nervous at first trying them out but worked very well and never had issues with them again. Same as these guys mentioned earlier, I placed some lithium grease before I put my wipers back on to make them easier to take off the next time. Have fun! Also who thinks $40 for mopar windshield tie down straps is a total scam????

Vesper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the same issue and got a removal tool from amazon as well. Felt a little nervous at first trying them out but worked very well and never had issues with them again. Same as these guys mentioned earlier, I placed some lithium grease before I put my wipers back on to make them easier to take off the next time. Have fun! Also who thinks $40 for mopar windshield tie down straps is a total scam????
I’m gonna try the grease. Not a bad idea. I did pay the $40 for the straps. Seems excessive to say the least!

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Did you also attempt to pull the wiper up and back and use it as leverage to push up and down on the arm? Usual does the trick and giving the area right near the bolt a slight tape while pushing up and down as little bit of Leverage on the arm helps.

Sponsored

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
My understanding is that the entire windshield unit can be slid off the vehicle as well fairly easily once it’s down. Anyone try that?

Onyx Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1999 Xj, 2001 Trans Am
Vehicle Showcase
Not a fan of these new models with their windshields down. They don't look anywhere as good as the TJs and before where the entire windshield and frame actually folded down.

CNY-JLUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Not a fan of these new models with their windshields down. They don't look anywhere as good as the TJs and before where the entire windshield and frame actually folded down.
I agree. With the framing around the windshield opening you can hardly tell it is not there. And it is too curved to lay flat like it used to. Top and doors off is naked enough for me.

Vesper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5EE7178A-0CE8-4E25-98CA-ECD3021B32A6.jpeg
F6151FB8-273C-475F-972E-FCE19C27D5BA.jpeg
Finally got the windshield down. Had fun driving around town doing errands. It was chilly but at least that meant the bugs weren’t around.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
They might not "look as good", but they are far superior structurally. The JL incorporates a roll cage like safety feature , the YJs, TJs, and even the JKs tended to flatten that whole area on a roll over. The inner glass also comes down a lot faster and easier than the previous generation.
The last "easy fold windshield " was the CJ7. 1986.

Sponsored

Onyx Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1999 Xj, 2001 Trans Am
Vehicle Showcase
They might not "look as good", but they are far superior structurally. The JL incorporates a roll cage like safety feature , the YJs, TJs, and even the JKs tended to flatten that whole area on a roll over. The inner glass also comes down a lot faster and easier than the previous generation.
The last "easy fold windshield " was the CJ7. 1986.
Considering I'm not driving with my head by the windshield, I'd be fine :)

Vesper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had some fun with the windshield down recently. Also easier to clean the inside side when it’s down.

B5708F6F-3573-48E1-B880-FBC0B339A302.jpeg

C0BA5DD9-E933-4A93-A592-20378250DB24.jpeg

CF85D83B-ECEE-4C59-B408-1C137AA4EA70.jpeg
Sponsored