Sponsored

Tire Recs for the Mid-Atlantic

UUBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR; ‘95 Land Rover Defender 90
I’m planning to upgrade the tires on my JLUR to something a little larger, 35s. There are lots of tire threads on the forum, but I’d like to get feedback from folks that drive in similar conditions to me.

My JLUR is my daily driver, so don’t want to go too extreme and sacrifice on road performance. However, I want something that will also do well on the trails, and to be honest, looks a little more aggressive. I had been considering Ridge Grapplers (too heavy for DD? No load range C in 35) or larger KO2s. Given the variety of conditions we deal with in the Mid-Atlantic as a DD, plus the need for some weekend wheeling, I’m curious as to this groups’ feedback/ recommendations on tires.

I’ll also add that I’m planning on a 2-2.5” lift in the future.
Sponsored

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have 35x12.5 Ridge Grapplers on my stock Rubicon wheels and so far I really like them. I have only been on road with them, but this weekend I am taking the 101 class at Raush Creek so I will get to see how they perform off-road also. I have no lift and I am running 1.5" Bora wheel spacers so I'm expecting that I will have rubbing

OP
OP
UUBob

UUBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR; ‘95 Land Rover Defender 90
I have 35x12.5 Ridge Grapplers on my stock Rubicon wheels and so far I really like them. I have only been on road with them, but this weekend I am taking the 101 class at Raush Creek so I will get to see how they perform off-road also. I have no lift and I am running 1.5" Bora wheel spacers so I'm expecting that I will have rubbing
Thanks for the reply! Two quick questions on the Ridge Grapplers. How do they handle on-road as compared to the stock KO2s? Is there much of a difference in road noise compatibility the KO2s? Thanks so much for the help!

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I like them better on the road than the K02’s, it could jut be my personal preference though. If they are louder it’s not by much.
Sponsored