First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
I'm due for some new tires. I currently have 315 KO2s on stock Rubi rims with a 2.5" RC lift. I would like to go to 37 KO2s and keep the stock rims. Can I do it without any rub? Just a yes or no. I don't want to add spacers or change wheels. If the answer is no, I'll just stick with the 315s. I don't mind heating and bending the wheel well liner if needed. Thanks
Sponsored

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I'd like to know as well, im running 315/70 Falken MT01 on stock wheels on my JLUR with 2" mopar lift. When these are up I want to go 37 ko2s C

OP
OP
MtCamper

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
Well that clears things right up, one yes, one no. Onlyone, what are the setups on the Jeeps you pictured? Is the JLUR running of OEM spec wheels or do they have a different offset or are they just OEM and different than my 2018? Thanks again

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Well that clears things right up, one yes, one no. Onlyone, what are the setups on the Jeeps you pictured? Is the JLUR running of OEM spec wheels or do they have a different offset or are they just OEM and different than my 2018? Thanks again
They are both the factory wheels no spacers with the steering stops turned out about 3 turns. The 2 door had the Mopar lift and the 4 door had the 2.5 RC lift. Neither of them had any rubbing after the steering stop and rear plastic reform. Don’t fret about the steering stops, you won’t even notice. They are there for a reason.

Yours might not even need an adjustment, as every Jeep is a bit different. Just find a good spot to flex out at and adjust until done. Really simple mod.

Jeep Wrangler JL Time to ReTire BA873C69-C103-4BA6-A2E6-FC6D28CF322D

Jeep Wrangler JL Time to ReTire 6EE8640C-611D-4059-A204-6DFEFD58F934

Jeep Wrangler JL Time to ReTire 54EE5DD7-9F9B-4323-81C9-5DD447342A18

0223B066-A2EB-4AEF-B472-4EF391682942.jpeg

driventoadventure

First Name
Lrr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Employed Gainfully
Clubs

They are both the factory wheels no spacers with the steering stops turned out about 3 turns. The 2 door had the Mopar lift and the 4 door had the 2.5 RC lift. Neither of them had any rubbing after the steering stop and rear plastic reform. Don’t fret about the steering stops, you won’t even notice. They are there for a reason.

Yours might not even need an adjustment, as every Jeep is a bit different. Just find a good spot to flex out at and adjust until done. Really simple mod.
Have you done any form of turning radius test to verify real, not just feel, results? This seems to me like its something that would only be un-noticable for only easy to low-moderate trails or on-road only, but I would be happy to be proven otherwise since it means I could go to 37s sooner...

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you done any form of turning radius test to verify real, not just feel, results? This seems to me like its something that would only be un-noticable for only easy to low-moderate trails or on-road only, but I would be happy to be proven otherwise since it means I could go to 37s sooner...
Well I’ve run Holy Cross with both of them and many, many tight wooded trails in the Rockies with both of them so yeah I can say for certain you won’t notice the difference. The JL rubicons turning radius was already much better than the sport or JK due to the axle being 1.5” wider. No. You won’t tell a difference. If you want proof, adjust them out a few turns now and check for yourself.

I would argue that wider wheels with less backspace or spacers will hinder trail performance much more than the minuscule amount of turning radius you might or might not lose, because you are widening your track by a minimum of 3”. I wish my Diesel sport would have come with wide Rubicon axles because I sure wouldn’t have bought aftermarket wheels. I would have found some Rubi wheels or used my factory ones.

OP
OP
MtCamper

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
Thanks OnlyOne. Great to have real life first hand results. Much appreciated. Sourdough, appreciate the comments but it's doubtful mine will see mud in the foreseeable future. As for chains, don't even own a pair anymore and don't plan to. By the time we return to Montanas' winters I'll be too old to wheel.

Sponsored

driventoadventure

First Name
Lrr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Employed Gainfully
Clubs

Well I’ve run Holy Cross with both of them and many, many tight wooded trails in the Rockies with both of them so yeah I can say for certain you won’t notice the difference. The JL rubicons turning radius was already much better than the sport or JK due to the axle being 1.5” wider. No. You won’t tell a difference. If you want proof, adjust them out a few turns now and check for yourself.

I would argue that wider wheels with less backspace or spacers will hinder trail performance much more than the minuscule amount of turning radius you might or might not lose, because you are widening your track by a minimum of 3”. I wish my Diesel sport would have come with wide Rubicon axles because I sure wouldn’t have bought aftermarket wheels. I would have found some Rubi wheels or used my factory ones.
I guess that is good enough for me. From my personal experience, I would prefer to tighten my turning radius, but It is true that minimizing total width is better for trail handling anyway.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You mean yes but without the stock rear bumper?
You can run the back bumper just fine, I just remove them because they’re useless plastic garbage that will mash into the body of the Jeep on many obstacles.

OP
OP
MtCamper

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
I'd also recommend replacing the sliders. They bend well but don't slide so good. Then again maybe I'll never touch them after I get the 37s.
Sponsored