2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel

AZ-Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Doetsch Off-Road has done all but the radio work on my rig so far. Ben was a great help in selecting the gear for my needs, and I'm bummed he's not there any longer, but Mario is helpful too.

Sponsored

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
If your Jeep is an EcoDiesel (which I think it is), it will delight you, but if not, you won't experience much difference from stock. Particularly with a manual transmission.

Please report back with your post-install impressions.
I had Pedal Commander on my previous JT Mojave manual transmission. It greatly improved the performance. Night and day difference. It made the manual transmission a lot more fun to drive. My preferred setting on the manual transmission was City +2. The JT Mojave drove like a sports car with the Pedal Commander.

BTW, how is the Pedal Commander performing after two years? Had any issues or is it still trouble free?

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I had Pedal Commander on my previous JT Mojave manual transmission. It greatly improved the performance. Night and day difference. It made the manual transmission a lot more fun to drive. My preferred setting on the manual transmission was City +2. The JT Mojave drove like a sports car with the Pedal Commander.

BTW, how is the Pedal Commander performing after two years? Had any issues or is it still trouble free?
I actually swapped it for a Pedal Monster. The Pedal Commander was great, but the Pedal Monster integrates with Banks' iDash and Derringer. In any case, I continue to be sold on throttle enhancers.

JINO

First Name
Jino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlurd
I have banks derringer, this will work perfectly with the dash?

The throttle lag is very noticeable in my ecodiesel.

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I have banks derringer, this will work perfectly with the dash?

The throttle lag is very noticeable in my ecodiesel.
The iDash, Pedal Monster, and Derringer were designed to work together as one package. You won't be disappointed. The iDash's flashing alert when regening is, by itself, worth the price of admission.

JINO

First Name
Jino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlurd
The iDash, Pedal Monster, and Derringer were designed to work together as one package. You won't be disappointed. The iDash's flashing alert when regening is, by itself, worth the price of admission.
Ordered it haha

btrov

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU Sport, 2020 JLU Rubicon Diesel
If you have to take your JLURD to the dealer for ANY type of engine code related items, you'll want to remove it prior.
Just took my 2000 JLURD in for Check Engine light.
They removed the Banks connections and stated 'the Banks system has a short in in somewhere. We removed the connections and re-cabled to factory, cleared the codes, took it for a 2 mile run and all is well'
I picked up the Jeep, headed for home and 5 miles in, check engine light came on.
Took it back to the dealer. They said 'we have to order a NOX sensor'.
I then asked 'so you screwed up.please give me a credit back to my CC'
They refused.
Jeep Service totally sucks.
Whenever I have issues they either 'can't reproduce' (I had to show them the catalytic converter weld to the bracket was broken after I took it to them saying it sounds like crap at idle and they found 'nothing')
Took it in another time due to crappy steering response. I told them the steering was MUCH worse than my 2013. They told me you can't compare the 2. Came home and searched the forums, only to find out Jeep had released a TIB for the steering gear.
Thanks to this dealer, I'll never buy another Jeep. Tired of dealing with know-it-all morons.
Sponsored