Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door jeep wrangler 3.6
Occupation
Industrial Preventative Maintenence
So I'm thinking of going for the barricade trail force bumper

Jeep Wrangler JL Thoughts on barricade bumper? J20850-JL_alt3

Anyone know how much it weighs? I intend to throw a winch on it too, so I don't wanna get to the point where my front end sags.

I like this bumper it let's me use oe fog lights which is cool
Jeep Wrangler JL Thoughts on barricade bumper? 20230129_140011

Here's my jeep with the ugly oe bumper

I think barricade will look nice especially when I get some new headlights

Feel free to post a picture of the bumper you went with
Sponsored

ZBRA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SJ Cherokee, SJ Gladiator, JKU, & JL
This is what Barricade Chinesium bumpers do when you actually try to use them. They fold like cardboard. Best case scenario they break your winch and / or damage your grille as these examples did. Worst case, a life is lost because someone saved a few bucks buying the cheapest Chinese garbage online instead of purchasing quality.

J1-01.jpeg

J1-02.jpg

J1-03.jpg

J1-04.jpg

J1-05.jpg

J2-01.jpg

J2-02.jpg

J2-03.jpg

J2-04.jpg

J2-05.jpg

J2-06.jpg

J3-01.jpg

J3-02.jpg

J3-03.jpg

J4-01.jpg

OP
OP
Campdaddy

Campdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This is what Barricade Chinesium bumpers do when you actually try to use them. They fold like cardboard. Best case scenario they break your winch and / or damage your grille as these examples did. Worst case, a life is lost because someone saved a few bucks buying the cheapest Chinese garbage online instead of purchasing quality.

Woah, that's crazy.

Yep, I definitely prefer a bumper of superior quality than that. It's not that it's cheap, really it was the most aesthetically pleasing to me.

I guess I'll take some time to check out some other bumper options. I've sort of exhausted all of the aftermarket websites I could find.

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
Dang!

I am looking for an aluminum front bumper and was looking at Barricade and the Rockhard Patriot. I asked a while ago why the Barricade was half the price, but no one mentioned it was because China. Now I know!

Apexcars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500
I actually think it’s Russian not Chinese. I have seen quite a few good reviews of Barricade also were people that have them and have used them like them. They are probably not the best choice for a real hard use bumper though.

Sponsored

ZBRA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SJ Cherokee, SJ Gladiator, JKU, & JL
I guess I'll take some time to check out some other bumper options. I've sort of exhausted all of the aftermarket websites I could find.
The same bumpers are sold under different brand names too. Extreme Terrain imports them from the manufacturer in China and brands them as Barricade. They are also imported under the EAG brand name, Paramount, and a few others. You can also find them unbranded on eBay and Amazon. All the same garbage.

OP
OP
Campdaddy

Campdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So what are some good brands to take a look at?

I've seen alot of et, 4x4or, rc, dv8, Amazon, and a couple others.

I won't be using my bumper very much if ever, as far as a winch goes, and certainly don't plan on crashing. Might help someone out of a ditch or something. It isn't often I get to goto my cabin, where I'm unlikely to get stuck anyways, maybe my fore wheeler or something.

Mostly just need a bumper to look aesthetic while being lightweight if possible for DD to work n around town n what not
Sponsored