Sponsored

The Rusty's Offroad slider/rocker/step thread.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I picked up a set of their sliders just before Thanksgiving and I'm more than impressed with the quality of these. BEEFY is an understatement! I can't wait to hit the trail with these.

20201219_101436.jpg

20201219_101514.jpg
How close does this sit to the rocker and pinch seam?
Sponsored

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
I really like the stock one that replaces the stock sliders as it doesn't hinder clearance in any way, though it looked super close to the body. Would someone post pictures showing room for flex a little better please?

OP
OP
ElvisJL

ElvisJL

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
How close does this sit to the rocker and pinch seam?

Here's a couple pics from underneath with the pinch seam and a measuring tape. Overall these sit about 1/2" from the pinch seam. Keep in mind these mount to the frame and not the body. These are built extremely beefy by Rusty's and it's going to probably take tens of thousands of pounds of pressure to bend these, I wouldn't have any concern with the pinch seam.

The bottom picture shows a measurement from bottom of the rocker panel to the slider tube. Rocker at the top of the picture and tube at the bottom.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Rusty's Offroad slider/rocker/step thread. 20210304_170330

Jeep Wrangler JL The Rusty's Offroad slider/rocker/step thread. 20210304_170345

Jeep Wrangler JL The Rusty's Offroad slider/rocker/step thread. 20210304_170123

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Here's a couple pics from underneath with the pinch seam and a measuring tape. Overall these sit about 1/2" from the pinch seam. Keep in mind these mount to the frame and not the body. These are built extremely beefy by Rusty's and it's going to probably take tens of thousands of pounds of pressure to bend these, I wouldn't have any concern with the pinch seam.

The bottom picture shows a measurement from bottom of the rocker panel to the slider tube. Rocker at the top of the picture and tube at the bottom.

Those are the exact pictures I was looking for! Thanks!

Sponsored

SlowPoke21

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
These do look really nice. But I have ruled out any step/slider that requires removal of the body bolts. :(

Reactions: LCW

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Decided to pull the trigger on the angled sliders from Rusty's today. I went back and forth between the flat and angled version a lot. I probably would have preferred the flat version for a step but since it sticks out a little further I was concerned it would put a little more leverage on the mounts. Did I over think it? Probably, but I'll still be happy with the angled version. I'll stick some tread tape to the top tube for a little traction getting in an out.

Grayson

First Name
Gray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - Sting Ray

Five Seasons

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2009 BMW 135i, 2002 Honda S2000,
What you quoted is not even written in the link. Following your own link I found;

" The rockers bolt firmly to the frame using the supplied grade 8 hardware, drilling is required for 6 extra mounting holes on each side. There is no welding required for installation."

OP
OP
ElvisJL

ElvisJL

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone confirm if what is said above is correct? This is “mounts to body”?!??
Those mount to the frame, not sure why it said mounts to the body. I fixed the error.

Sponsored

Browndog1000

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler High Altitude
Anyone know when these will be back in stock or if a 3rd party has any? I've called Rusty's for 3 months now and each time they say the same thing, we will have inventory in 4 weeks. Well, 12+ weeks have passed and they still don't have inventory.

SPRINKLES

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392, 2001 TJ
Does anyone have the installation instructions for these? I took mine off of my '19 before I traded it in on my '21 and I want to install them, but I no longer have the instructions and I can't find them on Rusty's site.

While all of the rock rails for a JL follow the same instructions, here are the rails I have:

Jeep Wrangler JL The Rusty's Offroad slider/rocker/step thread. {filename}

Jeep Wrangler JL The Rusty's Offroad slider/rocker/step thread. {filename}

Now, I just need to get them installed on the new one.
Sponsored