Sponsored

The Rocket Matt 1019 Rubicon Modification Journal.

Rocket_Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I thought it would be fun to document all the "changes" I've made to my Jeep to make it uniquely mine. My Jeep is my daily driver, so I'm going for a minimalist overland build on it. I'm not going to do any major rock crawling with her, so I won't be adding larger tires or a lift, but there are some camping and recovery items that I felt were needed.

Here she is shortly after I brought her home from the dealer:

Jeep Wrangler JL The Rocket Matt 1019 Rubicon Modification Journal. IMG_0632.JPG

The first thing I did was get some velcro and add one of my call sign patches...it's kind of a good luck thing.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Rocket Matt 1019 Rubicon Modification Journal. Jeep patch

The next thing was to add a console tray (great place for the phone and some other miscellaneous items).

Shortly after I purchased my Jeep, we took a family vacation to Disneyland so I was able to add some much needed Han Solo dice:

Jeep Wrangler JL The Rocket Matt 1019 Rubicon Modification Journal. Jeep dice

Now onto a more functional upgrade, the tailgate table from Outback Adventures:

Jeep Wrangler JL The Rocket Matt 1019 Rubicon Modification Journal. outback table 2

Finally, the latest addition is the front steel bumper,Warn winch plate and Smittybilt XRC winch:

Jeep Wrangler JL The Rocket Matt 1019 Rubicon Modification Journal. Jeep Bumper 3

I do have a receiver hitch coming from Quadratech today, down the road I'll get the wiring kit as well.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rocket_Matt

Rocket_Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I love the MOLLE straps on the back of the seats. I put them to use pretty quick with a med kit, holder for my flashlight and holder for my Nalgene water bottle that does not fit in the cup holders.
Jeep Wrangler JL The Rocket Matt 1019 Rubicon Modification Journal. Jeep MOLLE gear 1
Jeep Wrangler JL The Rocket Matt 1019 Rubicon Modification Journal. Jeep MOLLE gear 2

I also received a receiver hitch from Quadratec yesterday so I was able to use a Christmas gift the wife gave me a few years ago but never had a tow package on my vehicle before. Now I need to get the wiring kit to be able to use the receiver for something more than a bike rack.
Jeep Wrangler JL The Rocket Matt 1019 Rubicon Modification Journal. Jeep hitch

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Nice. Love the imperial red. ;)
Reminds me of my most important mod awaiting my JLR delivery...
Jeep Wrangler JL The Rocket Matt 1019 Rubicon Modification Journal. 57C92453-B62C-46BF-A559-E80BE1193B29

hopefully he fits in the dash cubby.

JocoRubicon

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Very nice. Definitely check out a reciever extension for your hitch if you plan to use a bike rack or other stuff that goes up from the hitch. The spare tire sometimes can cause spacing issues.

Curious what console tray you went with? Any pics?

OP
OP
Rocket_Matt

Rocket_Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon JLU

JocoRubicon

First Name