• Total voters

dwiesner54

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
I have recently put a 3.5” lift, 2” wheel spacers, kept the factory wheels cause my wife liked them, and topped it all off with a set of 37x12.5x17 Mud Claw Extreme M/T.

(also, running boards, a roof rack cause we travel a fair amount and the wife insist the dogs kennel be in the trunk forcing our luggage to be relocated, and a different spare tire holder for the larger tire)

Currently, we have no issues or wobble. The steering is just fine, it runs straight as an arrow, and no wobble even upwards of 80mph. All we have is a slight whistle from the rack which is to be expected.

All this leads me to my next mod; a aftermarket steering stabilizer, beings as I’m not using this to hide some issue I am wondering which stabilizer everyone else is running and why? Single vs Dual. Brand. How you like it. Things you’d change.

A50F62C6-F2CD-410B-94AF-C531E3C5E2C6.jpeg

3C4D24F7-D854-4328-B6D0-F8C3488E0E26.jpeg
Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Pull yours and see what happens. One should be more than enough. My factory unit was fine until I dented it. Relocated 2.0 Fox has been fine for 30+ thousand miles. BTW, these do wear out and for that reason I would not recommend a high dollar unit.

Caymanedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I wouldn't do anything if it is handling well.
The steering stabilizer usually just masks the real issue. If it becomes a problem then you can look at aftermarket steering components i.e. tie rod, drag link, sector shaft brace, stabilizer

YJA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 1988 YJ, 1983 CJ-7
If the steering is currently fine, why would you replace the factory stabilizer?

The additional stress from larger tires and spacers will likely accelerate the wear on the stock stabilizer, at which point I would replace it with a high quality single stabilizer. Duals are only for looks, or attempts to fix some other issue in the steering system.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Steering stabilizers are very good at minimizing bump steer, especially with larger tires. It's funny how people instantly associate them with death wobble or other steering problems, but not surprising given all the steering problems people have had with the JL's in general. People have been putting steering stabilizers on offroad vehicles that don't come with them stock for decades, because they make a difference. If you are going to go to an aftermarket steering stabilizer I suggest a single adjustable through shaft style. The Fox ATS has made a world of difference in both the on pavement and off road handling of my Jeep and I can adjust the amount of force needed to turn to my liking, it's one of my favorite mods and it was not done to fix any problems.
Sponsored